Her Knights Smc Busted, Help!

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
I just bought a used Her Knights SMC (official SMC version) from jr2swiss.

I always backup my SMC's to HD, so I did that. I was curious to see what was on the SMC, and looking around it I noticed a "100olymp" folder in the dcim folder. I figured that it was something the previous owner put there, it was an empty folder, so I deleted it. Stupid move on my part.

Now when I start the game up it freezes at the Byulbram Creature logo screen.

Now I guess that 100olymp folder was somehow part of the copy protection? But there was nothing in it, so I made it again. But no matter, the game no longer will load past that logo screen!

Help?!

Is there any way I can revive this game?!

Please don't tell me I just threw $25 down the toilet. :blink:

flush.

Wow, that was helpful <_<
Do you even try to help people?

Well, back to the topic...

Sounds to me like a directory created by a digital camera of the company Olymp!
Well, has to be an older modell if it can use smcs, because they usually use sd cards.

I don`t think it was a copy protection, you possibly just corrupted other files of your HerKnights card...

Did you try formatting the smc with your gp32 and copying the backupped files from your hard disc back onto the smc... oh, and try making an empty 100olymp folder, just in case ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest,

Thanks. I'll try that.

I didn't think the "100olymp" could have anything to do with the game. So I think you're right. Seemed like maybe the previous owner accidentally put the SMC into their camera or something. That's why I deleted the folder.

If the recopy works then you just saved me $25 + $9, because I was going to buy the game download from Gamepark if this SMC version was dead.

The 100olymp directory DEFINATELY has been created by an Olympus Digital Camera.

I also recommend reformatting the SMC and copying the stuff back.

BTW: It can't be a copy protection problem, because the game would refuse to load with the copy protection... the GP32 would try loading and then go back to the launcher, so you wouldn't see any screen.

Really seems like some corrupt game date.

OK, I formatted the SMC with GPmanager and recopied all the files to the SMC.

Still hangs at the Byulbram logo!

I don't understand what happened at all. This game worked fine before. :( And it's not batteries, I just put newly charged ones in.

Any ideas before I just get frustrated and rebuy the game from Gamepark online?

WOOHOO!!!!

Got it working.

Basically somehow the SMC did get corrupt. And in fact the backup of her.gfc on my hd was incomplete as well by a around 150k.

Luckily (VERY lucky) I still had an old backup from when I used to own the game on my FLU. So that her.bfc was complete. I copied it to the SMC and yes, the game now loads again. :)

EvilDragon thanks. You were right, it was not copy protection related. Just a corrupted data file.

Great to hear it works again :)
Nice one. Just thought I would mention that DCIM directories are created by most digital cameras. My Canon EOS 300D creates one as does my old Fuji 1.5mp.

Incidentally the Fuji uses SmartMedia so I'm using my old cards in my GP32 now and they had DCIM directories on them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back