Here's An Easy Enough Psp Question

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry about this, but the usually ever-reliable Wikipedia just isn't telling me anything. All's I'm wanting to know is: Is that PSP Slim & Lite region-free? I'm really, really, really thinking of getting one (second hand, of course, can't be lining Sony's pockets), but really, really would be swayed either way by knowing whether it is region-free without messing around with the firmware or anything. Mostly out of the interest for that Salamander Collection, which is Japan-only, as far as I know.

Any helpers?

I can confirm that the PSP is indeed region free. I've played, on my EU psp, both japanese and US games and they worked perfectly (I have a fat psp, but I bet the slim one works the same).

Well that's fine enough for me, UMD's are a waste of everyone's time, and just another way to make me buy my whole DVD collection again. It worked for DVD's (against VHS), but it won't work for Blu-Ray, and definitly not for UMD's. What's wrong with saying spiffing? It's a jolly marvellous word.

...why on earth would you buy your films again? It's just if you want to see them on a portable...

Goity said:
...why on earth would you buy your films again? It's just if you want to see them on a portable...
Yeah, I mean, it's not as if you can just rip them off the DVD and put them on a memory card or anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Goity said:
Yeah, I mean, it's not as if you can just rip them off the DVD and put them on a memory card or anything...

Only 10% of the population know how to do that. The other 90% don't have any idea what firmware is.

As for buying my collection again, I agree that you shouldn't unless you have money and space to waste. Considering Blu is the next format though, picking up movies on blu ray from now on is a good idea (if you have a player, that is). Also, don't spend 35 bucks on a blu ray film; get them off amazon or on sale for just incrementally more than most DVD counterparts.

Well I think I'll stick with DVD for now, it'll be years until they stop making them. Besides, I've got so many it'll probably take until then for me to watch them all. Most of them are old Godzilla films and various B-movies that wouldn't benefit from high-definition in any way whatsoever. Blab.

Nova said:
Goity said:

Why bother? the space on a memory stick can sometimes be more of a premium than the UMD itself (you can get most for £5). Obviously for a few TV shows and things a memory stick is fine (maybe more than that if you have an 8GB), but if you don't want to rip something (difficult for the average user) you might as well spend that fiver on a disc.

Back