Homebrew On 1.5 Psp

Lets just HOPE it's the real deal...

1.0 owners may have just missed their window to sell at an inflated price :p Ah well at least I'll be able to finally update to 1.5 firmware w/o worries, and can put the emu's on my newer US PSP instead of the japanese one my wife has been using and taking so-so care of.

It looks mostly real, a tutorial for doing it is going to be released on wednesday at 13:00 (GMT+1). If it works as planned that's great, and if us in europe get 1.5 firmware PSPs then I'll consider getting one. Here's to hoping sony don't update the firmware again.

i believe if you buy psps NOW, then you'll likely get a 1.5 firmware(US anyway, don't know about JPN models).

anyway, this is awwweesoomme news! now is the time to get a psp as future firmwares will be even tougher to crack if not impossibe.

this could make my wednesday that much more interesting

think i would have to go mad and splash out on a huge card as well, especially for neo geo!

theres no way that eu psps will have 1.5 fw

no chance in hell

anyway, this is awwweesoomme news! now is the time to get a psp as future firmwares will be even tougher to crack if not impossibe.
Problem is I believe that there are some commercial game that will actually automatically update your firmware or else the game will not run. Couldn't tell you what game exactly, but I have heard of it on this board and others.

Problem is, I'm sure even after this is released, it won't be long before Sony releases a new firmware that (intentionally) won't support homebew.
Why do they hate us brewers?
Well, unlike Gamepark who make their money largely on the hardware sales, Sony makes their money on game sales and licenses. If everyone is using their PSP as homebrew/retro game machines, Sony's not making money. And that makes for one very angry Sony. :ph34r:

Plus this sort of this opens up the PSP to the possibility of pirating commercial games, which makes Sony even more angry. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
according to recent articles on ps2dev there is near zero possibility of commercial games ever being run off the memory stick, the psp is designed to read game data off the UMD only and decrypts it in real time.

i think a chip would be the only way to get it done

but when the firmware is updated would that mean that the past homebrew stuff would have to be completely recodeded, or just the part that cracks it...? :unsure:

but when the firmware is updated would that mean that the past homebrew stuff would have to be completely recodeded, or just the part that cracks it...? :unsure:

If it needs a chip, then so be it! Snes and neogeo need my psp!!!

BTW. Why is your PSP arriving next month? A birthday, or a long delivery time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back