HomeBrew To do! Give me your recommendations!

trevornot

I'm looking for good homebrew games for my pandora(original). I feel like I've done everything I wanted as far as emulation. In an effort to not burn so quickly through every game I have, I'm looking for good homebrew or even highly recommended ports for my unit.

I have a Bluetooth mouse that I've had good luck with starcraft, diablo and duke nukem so any game I could use the mouse for would be great!

If this topic already exists I won't be offended if this gets deleted so long I'm pointed in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not homebrew, but I've had a lot of fun with RV-GL and the Jedi Knight ports.

Some of my favorite homebrew:
Pandora Microbes
Hase
Tanks of Freedom
Not Tetris
Mr. Rescue
TUMIKI Fighters
Boson-X

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Various Quake versions
Warsow
Widelands
Neverball

GemRB (Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are fully supported with latest version, not sure about PST)
Jagged Alliance 2
Battle for Wesnoth

There are like a hundred versions of Battle for Wesnoth in the repo, I suppose that at least one of them could work...

GFMTSERFGJ (Giant Flying Mech That Shoots Evil Robots For Great Justice) is a cool shooter made expecially for the pandora

I didn't, but ekianjo did it on 24/11/2014 (in the repo comments).

I just tried Battle For Wesnoth 1.12.x tutorials, and finished without any problem or crash.
At least with latest OS 1.76 and default sgx drivers. But it seems to segfault with 4.10 beta drivers.

FreeOrion
Hedgewars
OpenTTD
OpenXcom
Wyrmsun

Also Dino Defense is a catching tower defense made for a Pandora competition... unluckily it's not on the repo and I can't find a download link around...

if I remember well it was on @iprice personal site, but I can't find it's address... :(

I just tried Battle For Wesnoth 1.12.x tutorials, and finished without any problem or crash.
At least with latest OS 1.76 and default sgx drivers. But it seems to segfault with 4.10 beta drivers.

OK thanks for the tip, I'll look into it, can't remember whether I used beta drivers or else..

PND Manager is almost essential homebrew on the pandora. Also, by the same author, Space Rocks! is probably my favourite homebrew game from a community member (though hase comes a close second).

And I guess OOLite probably counts as homebrew too.

There is also homebrew created for emulated systems - easy to forget those..

Some of the best homebrew is created for the GP2X. Especially Ruckage games are very polished and they work great on the Pandora. http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.ginge.ruckage

Recently started again with Snakes on Dope. I don't really play games again once finished but this is the exception.
This is the third time I am playing it, and I only consider it finished when I've received a gold medal for all levels. Pretty challenging :)

Sqdef from Alex is also a very nice game (tower defense)
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.ginge.alexm

Also Dino Defense is a catching tower defense made for a Pandora competition... unluckily it's not on the repo and I can't find a download link around...

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/DinoDefense/dino_index.html

I've downloaded a bunch of these and some more just browsing the PND manager.

So far out of what I've played my favorites are:

Boson-x
Spheres of chaos
Super geometry dust
Megamario
Microbes

I wish mega man 8 bit death match would run on my unit but it's so slow it's unplayable even 850 overclocked with a 1gb swap file

For megaman8bit, if you have a CC model, I think the issue will be more on memory than megahertz. Try maybe removing music? This game is very memory hungry, I know :(

For megaman8bit, if you have a CC model, I think the issue will be more on memory than megahertz. Try maybe removing music? This game is very memory hungry, I know :(

It's a cool idea I was excited to play it. Once I get through some more of these games I'll revisit megaman and try running it without the music!

Update: MM8BDM runs pretty smooth without sound!

Now I just need to get better at it! Lol

Back