Release Hotfix 3 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The beta testing phase of HotFix 3 is over - now here is the package for everyone!

You don't need to have any previous Hotfix installed. The Hotfix will find out what needs to be done on your system.

This Hotfix has the following changes and fixes:

* Kernel: Fixed problem with broken sound on some units. Also improved ALSA Buffer Underrun problems
* Kernel Modules: Added USB Sound and Midi Modules as well as the TUN/TAN-Module
* U-Boot: Fixed LCD timings on Reset (which caused weird dots around the Logo on reboot / Reset)
* U-Boot: Added serial out via USB (ideal for debugging when trying to port new OSes to the Pandora)
* MiniMenu: Added automatic Refresh on SD Card insert and quick navigation using keyboard letters
* Battery-Settings: LED now starts blinking at 10% and shuts down at 5%. The previous values were too short.
* Bugfix: op_fbrunapp had some problems with command line parameters. That's now fixed.
* Services: Removed unneeded services from Startup - also services most users don't need (like dropbear, samba, etc.) They can be re-enabled with the new Startup-Settings
* Startup-Settings: Added enabling / disabling services
* New: Added Mass Storage mode via Mini-USB (can be enabled in the System-Menu)
* Automount: Now using Label names (if the card has one) instead of mmcblk*
* Automount: Now using Dirsync instead of sync with 2s Buffer flush. This increases SD Write speed A LOT. However, be sure to wait at least 2 seconds before removing your SD Card after you saved data
* Not yet fixed: PNDs will not run if they have a space in the filename or path (do not use spaces in your SD-Card labels for now!)
* pnd_run-Script: Changed a few things to make it compatible with spaces in filenames (still needs some other fix). Thanks to Ivanovic.
* Bluetooth-Script: Fixed save / restore settings on startup (thanks to urjaman)

Click to download

SomeGuy99 said:
Is this the same as Hotfix 3 Beta 2?

Just what I was wondering, should this be installed if you've already installed Hotfix3 Beta2?

Edit : Should also say great work on the hot fixes, many thanks for all your efforts & keep 'em coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
* Bugfix: op_fbrunapp had some problems with command line parameters. That's now fixed.
Anything else change with that? After applying the hotfix, Dega won't run any more. ob_runfbapp complains about not being able to access /dev/tty and linking this to /dev/tty0 and setting permissions doesn't help.

SteveM said:
EvilDragon said:
Anything else change with that? After applying the hotfix, Dega won't run any more. ob_runfbapp complains about not being able to access /dev/tty and linking this to /dev/tty0 and setting permissions doesn't help.
That message is normal, just ignore it. Did you have escaped command line args?

Alerino said:
stevem, i don't have any trouble running Dega after hotfix3
That's good - it's probably just me then. Did you have the beta version installed before upgrading?

notaz said:
SteveM said:
EvilDragon said:
That message is normal, just ignore it. Did you have escaped command line args?
Yup, just tried it without the escaping and it works fine. Is it safe to remove the escaping for pre-hotfix3 installations?

Alerino said:
yes, installed the official on top

Yeah... that was a slight bug in HotFix 3 installer.
It didn't update the scripts when you had Beta 2 installed.

So if anyone has Beta 2 installed: Please redownload Hotfix 3 final once again and restart it.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Yeah... that was a slight bug in HotFix 3 installer.
It didn't update the scripts when you had Beta 2 installed.

So if anyone has Beta 2 installed: Please redownload Hotfix 3 final once again and restart it.
Ah-ha! Not sure if I had Beta2 installed, I think only the first one. I'll download again anyway.

Just updated. Working great, although it broke Snes9x4D4P's sound for me. It's an easy fix, though I have no idea what causes it - I posted a workaround in the "I need help" section. :p

Prometheus said:
Just updated. Working great, although it broke Snes9x4D4P's sound for me. It's an easy fix, though I have no idea what causes it - I posted a workaround in the "I need help" section. :p

The strange thing is, that didn't happen to me. :\ I checked after I saw your post in the "I need help" section.

-God Ginrai

Only got round to installing Hotfix3 beta2 last night and there's the final tonight, am downloading now, thanks Ed and everyone involved :)

edit: Snes9x4D4P's sound is working fine for me after the update. No other bugs found yet :)

God Ginrai said:
Prometheus said:

The strange thing is, that didn't happen to me. :\ I checked after I saw your post in the "I need help" section.

-God Ginrai
I checked it after updating because it was mentioned in (if memory serves) Hack Modford's "Bad Sound Quality" thread after the fix was created, and in the first beta-testing thread for Hotfix 3. I guess it's affecting only a few people, for whatever reason. :blink:

Good lord, I never noticed that there was no space. I've been misreading it for all this time! :lol: Do pardon me, please. :)

How the hell do you get this update to work? If I put the pnd on a blank card and boot the pandora I just get a whole bunch of linux apps showing in various tabs in minimenu but no hot fix icon.

If I go into XFCE I get the icon but if I execute it nothing happens, it just sits there.

If there is some other thing to do I don't know because there is not readme or instructions anywhere ;)

DaveC said:
How the hell do you get this update to work? If I put the pnd on a blank card and boot the pandora I just get a whole bunch of linux apps showing in various tabs in minimenu but no hot fix icon.

If I go into XFCE I get the icon but if I execute it nothing happens, it just sits there.

If there is some other thing to do I don't know because there is not readme or instructions anywhere ;)

As long as you are running it the right way from xfce, then no, there isn't anything more you have to do. Here's a couple of things to try.

First, do you have any other hotfixes on any of your cards? This might cause some problems.
Second, how are you executing it from xfce? Just in case you did something wrong like trying to run it from Thunar or something.

If neither of those work, I would suggest redownloading the PND, because it might not have downloaded correctly.

-God Ginrai

Back