How About Gba Emulation In Pandora/beagleboard?

zaoin

Website
Visit site
How about gba emulation in pandora/beagleboard?

About the difficult ones that don't work in wiz/dingoo/gp2x.

Even if gpsp doesnt support a few advanced roms, someone will undoubtedly port vba just for them

zacaj said:
Even if gpsp doesnt support a few advanced roms, someone will undoubtedly port vba just for them

Pickle tried, too slow even at 850MHz. It has nothing to do with them being "advanced" btw.

At this time a few games may run better if the interpreter is enabled instead of the recompiler. How much of a performance hit that'll add I don't really know, but it'd be best if the interpreter were tweaked some for more speed. Some games need some other fixes that slipped past the ARM port development. Some are going to have problems for reasons that are completely unknown to me, like Kingdom Hearts' corrupted video clips. GTA Advance has some kind of timing issue that I checked out a long time ago but haven't revisited. I thought improving DMA timing would fix it but it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer..

Xmoon -- yes, GBA will be covered, and early on too. This is a topic that has been brought up countless times, so do try to look at some of the stickies and such if you can :)

jeff

skeezix said:
To answer..

Xmoon -- yes, GBA will be covered, and early on too. This is a topic that has been brought up countless times, so do try to look at some of the stickies and such if you can :)

jeff

I think he was wondering specifically about certain games that don't work well in other versions of the gba emu that's being ported. I do not recall this specific topic actually being discussed before.

Although gba on my pandora would be nice, it would make my own gba obsolete :(
I think i'll still carry both with me on longer journeys. Plus it runs any games without problems :)

borgqueenx said:
i dont think golden sun is gonna work? :( no emulator emulates golden sun's music normally - wich is the best part of the game.

wow this is getting worse by the day I may even cancel my preorder, no DS emulation, PSP emulation won't be done for years, dreamcast emulation is going to be slow as hell, and now even GBA won't be able to play the good games?

Paradox said:
borgqueenx said:
i dont think golden sun is gonna work? :( no emulator emulates golden sun's music normally - wich is the best part of the game.

wow this is getting worse by the day I may even cancel my preorder, no DS emulation, PSP emulation won't be done for years, dreamcast emulation is going to be slow as hell, and now even GBA won't be able to play the good games?
No one ever said "Will include full speed working DS, PSP, and DC emulators!!". Cancel it, it'll go to someone a little more deserving.

Paradox said:
borgqueenx said:

If you were getting the Pandora for DS, PSP, or Dreamcast emulation, you were setting yourself up for failure to begin with. (Are there any PSP or Dreamcast emulators for the PC that are close to 100% these days?) As for sound not sounding identical to the original version, sound is probably one of the harder things to emulate because there is a bit of human suggestibility to it and how much the programmer wants to do with it. One person's good enough is another person's completely worthless.

With GBA emulation, I'm sure many GBA games will work shortly after the Pandora ships, with the more difficult to emulate ones to work eventually down the line, with some specialty titles that have other hardware features to never work (aka kirby tilt or wario twisted)

It is called emulation not perfection after all; if you want perfect (without all of the nifty things that most emulators can do like safe states, hardware pause) you're always going to need to have the original device.

Just my two cents, I'll go back to waiting, waiting, waiting for my preorder quietly again.

Paradox said:
borgqueenx said:

Your an early adopter when you preorder. I don't think you'll be as disappointed as you think. The Pandora still has lots to offer out of the box.

You two don't know Paradox well enough to realize this, but he was almost certainly being sarcastic. I think he's becoming frustrated by the number of people complaining about the little things it can't do (right away) and forgetting about all the things that it will be able to do, and eventually be able to do.

Why does someone bring up Golden Sun at this thread,
it even works on my WIZ with smooth sound... Besides why play some 3D GBA games...
The system itself wasn´t even optimized for 3D (in terms of controls and graphics)
For example why play some Duke Nukem GBA Rip-off, when you can play your original Duke Nukem 3D?
The same with Doom...

WizardStan said:
You two don't know Paradox well enough to realize this, but he was almost certainly being sarcastic. I think he's becoming frustrated by the number of people complaining about the little things it can't do (right away) and forgetting about all the things that it will be able to do, and eventually be able to do.
Oh :p

In that case I apologise.

WizardStan said:
yeah sometimes i forget. But im also a bit frustrated about the release date keeping pushing forwards...
I really hope to have my pandora before 2010.
And then i only got 2 years to play! because 2012 is the end of the world! Its all because to many people opened up there boxes containing pandora.

Paradox said:
borgqueenx said:

yea pantora sux it cant even pay gta4

borgqueenx said:
And then i only got 2 years to play! because 2012 is the end of the world!
Lol, yeah, I think about that also, but hopefully Jesus will let us play our Pandoras when all the bad stuff is over.

atomicthumbs said:
Paradox said:
borgqueenx said:

yea pantora sux it cant even pay gta4
unless you log into paypal with firefox :D

Back