How about some more moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timstertoo

I've been getting the feeling recently this forum has changed from an entity that manages himself pretty good to one that needs more moderation.

I don't know if I'm alone in this but personally I get the feeling that the amount of unfriendly, and in my opinion childish, reactions have grown rapidly. Especially against newbies who will be an important market for OPT now the pre orders are nearing the end.

I'd say all of us had rather see ED and Craigix focus on other things then having to stop flaming etc so maybe they could appoint another mod or two?

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Apologies, as this topic is about the OpenPandora forum boards as a whole, so I must move this to the "Offtopic General talk" area. Plus, most current and new members would rather only see Pandora general specific topics in the Pandora>General sub-forum area.

Last edited by a moderator:
hes right, for all the wrong reasons, we need a mod so they can merge topics like this together to all the other "we need mod" topics. way to go n00b! learn to read the first couple pages.... GOSH!

i disagree. all the posts where someone needs assistance or is not used to the way things are working and ask in a polite way get dealt with very well.

what never goes down well are people who bust in because either their expectations of the device they have received do not meet their standards or because they're looking into the device but have done next to no research and come up with things like "oh well it would be better if it were x86" and really, after all the waiting and work put into the the project, a lot of people find kind of insulting.

no disrespect to you of course as you are suggesting a good and peace promoting thing, and i am not in favour of all our war or anything, it is just that when you deal with the same ignorance or trolling month on month for 3 years, you don't react all that well to it! we would more likely see those threads merged or deleted than the userbase censored as any moderator who has been around a long time will more than likely be as equally unsympathetic.

If I were mod, I'd create concrete rules for these boards AND a "Why the Pandora does not have this" pinned thread. Among various other silly and useful things.

Half of the people on here would probably also spontaneously walk out

Prometheus or/and WizardStan for MODS!

Who's with me? YAAAAY :)
I've already stated my support for this before and will gladly do so again.

@Blue Protoman

The previous thread you started about this had a rather clear outcome. I don't expect it has changed in the meantime.

we dont need a mod we just need a public flogging/stoning of the people that are just pure evil and insensative and in some cases also people that are just plain stupid and reply to everyones questions with "re flash it"

Prometheus or/and WizardStan for MODS!

Who's with me? YAAAAY :)

Hear Hear! :)

Sorry Blue, but the fact that you are pushing so hard for mod status makes me nervous... and surely a mod is here not to make the rules, but to enforce them?

Don't get me wrong - my respect for you has grown hugely and you contribute a hell of a lot... but... why exactly do you want to be mod? :unsure:

I think that maybe there has been a general change in tone on these boards, but my last few attempts at genuinely offering assistance have usually been completely ignored as if they were ridiculous, so I often feel reluctant to answer questions now.

Saying that, did anyone ever notice that I was here in the first place?

Simply moving threads won't really help (and therefore, more moderators might not really help a lot unless there will be less routine work like moving and merging threads). Changing the forum should be preferred over changing the set of moderators, be it by new rules, a new structure or something else, so that ideally many things will manage itself (as opposed to being managed by a moderator - however, this place does need more moderators in any case).

If many threads have to be moved then something is wrong with the way your forum works.

sony-make-believe-595x260.jpg

Sorry Blue, but the fact that you are pushing so hard for mod status makes me nervous... and surely a mod is here not to make the rules, but to enforce them?

Don't get me wrong - my respect for you has grown hugely and you contribute a hell of a lot... but... why exactly do you want to be mod? :unsure:

True, but we don't even have a concrete set of forum rules; look around! I even have a good idea for dealing with Pandora newbs in a manner that is peaceful to both parties.

Also, why not be a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back