How (And When) Would You Prefer You Pandora?

Would you rather have the case as it is now ?

• Total voters

hch

no thanks
Simple question. as Craig has told us the case needs to undergo one more revision. in its current form it's not good for easy assembly (mass production).

i personally wouldn't mind any of these issues nor assembling the thing myself (even voiding waranty). just wanted to know how the majority feels about it.

It's not like it matters anyway 'cause the team has stated time & time again that they aren't shipping till it's perfect.

I have so many people that can assemble the unit, I would way prefer to have the case and board, as I can get it done.

Gerald1 said:
I have so many people that can assemble the unit, I would way prefer to have the case and board, as I can get it done.
Here is the qualifications that needs to be put fourth before you ask for this:

You haven't opened and successfully fixed at least 3 NDS/DSL/DSi units.

It seems like putting a device like this together would be easy, but it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have so many people that can assemble the unit, I would way prefer to have the case and board, as I can get it done. Let the people that made all this possible have a say too., thats all.

Gerald1 said:
I have so many people that can assemble the unit, I would way prefer to have the case and board, as I can get it done. Let the people that made all this possible have a say too., thats all.
I don't think they should send them out in parts, that would just be a nightmare. At best they could sub out the work to people that are certified to fix electronics, but in the end it would just be faster for people close to the team do it.

I can assure anyone, that I do know people that can put this unit together. If someone can build an entire linus desktop unit, from scacthor anything else of that nature, they can put the pandara together. In ssspite of all the work that the pandara team has put into the [project, let some of us have a little say too.

Trevsweb said:
this poll is lame.
i really hate myself for what i'm about to say, but....that's what she said

but yes... yes it is... I'd say this thread is going nowhere, but that would imply it was going somewhere in the first place.

Define "perfect". If we truly need a poll like this, then we need to find out which issues are tolerable by the people, and which we consider to be worthy of a delay. For instance, if we have a poll for each outstanding issue along the lines of:

"We have this issue: The blah blah is interfering with the knicknack causing the paddywhack to not fit without a bit of filing down. Who cares?

( ) I care. Please fix this before you send it to me.
( ) I'm good with that. Send it to me now. I file my fingernails that way every day.

If a unanimous vote exists (good luck with that one), and absolutely nobody cares that there's a minor alignment problem between the knicknack and the paddywhack, then bingo.

Gerald1 said:
I can assure anyone, that I do know people that can put this unit together. If someone can build an entire linus desktop unit, from scacthor anything else of that nature, they can put the pandara together. In ssspite of all the work that the pandara team has put into the [project, let some of us have a little say too.

That may very well be. But this just sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. Imagine how many people (even out of the few hundred who would sign up for something like this) would wind up zapping their board with static, knocking a tiny resistor off the board, tearing the (very delicate) LCD cable, scratching the LCD... There's a million things that could happen. There's only a 4000 of these things, and a tiny number set aside for DOA units that people receive. It just doesn't seem worth the risk (not to mention the major headache it would no doubt cause Craig and company (and the nice openpandorasales@gmail.com ladies... ;) ). So I wholeheartedly vote no.

second exodous said:
Gerald1 said:

It seems like putting a device like this together would be easy, but it's not.

nah,

i've repaired and modded things since my old C64. not too long ago i've replaced the harddrive in my zaurus - i bet the NDS isn't that complex and tiny. i think i can handle it (and i'll take the risk).

by the by, 200th post. hooray!

sverm said:
Define "perfect". If we truly need a poll like this, then we need to find out which issues are tolerable by the people, and which we consider to be worthy of a delay. For instance, if we have a poll for each outstanding issue along the lines of:

"We have this issue: The blah blah is interfering with the knicknack causing the paddywhack to not fit without a bit of filing down. Who cares?

( ) I care. Please fix this before you send it to me.
( ) I'm good with that. Send it to me now. I file my fingernails that way every day.

If a unanimous vote exists (good luck with that one), and absolutely nobody cares that there's a minor alignment problem between the knicknack and the paddywhack, then bingo.
that assumes that everyone who ordered one frequents the boards, which is not the case, and therefore the results wouldn't be accurate. Not to mention it's still under the team's discretion, not ours, and they are content on getting everything absolutely right the first time around.

The whole thing boils down to what someone said its just a poll. I wont be getting the pandara, before christmas or anytime shortly there after anyway. At lest we are allowed to voice our opinion.

craigix said:
Let's not do a GP2X F100. Remember the original ideas behind the Pandora? Let's get it right.
Define "right". What are you tweaking that needs to be done and what are things that don't actually need to be done? Are you prepared to say "X could be adjusted a little bit more, but it's not a big enough concern to cause another delay"?
You can tweak trigger travel till the cows come home, and still not get it perfect.

View PostGerald1, on 10 December 2009 - 12:33 PM, said:

It seems like putting a device like this together would be easy, but it's not. but here is the thing, we are assuming that I dont know anything about all this, or do I know some that do. . let us have some say.

Back