How Can I Launch An App At Boot Up?

parask82

Still Fresh
Hi guys I m sorry if this ll sound like a stupid question to lots of you but is there a way to launch an app on bootup? Like the Cpu Tweaker through commandline so I can get rid of that flickering problem I have or do I have to start it manually every time? Thank you for your time.

Hi guys I m sorry if this ll sound like a stupid question to lots of you but is there a way to launch an app on bootup? Like the Cpu Tweaker through commandline so I can get rid of that flickering problem I have or do I have to start it manually every time? Thank you for your time.

Rename the file autorun.gpu, stick it on the root of your SD or NAND memory, and make sure Auto Run is turned on in the GP2X options menu.

http://www.gp2x.com/product/09/9-7.asp?part=04

Last edited by a moderator:
Rename the file autorun.gpu, stick it on the root of your SD or NAND memory, and make sure Auto Run is turned on in the GP2X options menu.
Not a good idea to copy it to NAND - if you do and there is a problem, you won't be able to get the GP2x running/booting normally potentially. Best to only copy it to SD card (safe) ...

Thanks guys I didnt have an idea it would be so easy :D thank you very much :D

Oh and one question more if it s not difficult...
I manage to run cpu tweaker this way but after it it doesnt exit to the ui. Anyone knows hot the ui exe file is named and where it resides in the nand?
Thank you

parask82 posted on Jul 1 2006 at 05:26 PM said:
Oh and one question more if it s not difficult...
I manage to run cpu tweaker this way but after it it doesnt exit to the ui. Anyone knows hot the ui exe file is named and where it resides in the nand?
Thank you
The menu is /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu.

Back