How Do I Install The Mplayer To My Gp2x?

Vimacs posted on Jul 27 2006 at 04:51 PM said:
Come on, you cant be that stupid...
Its a .gpu so you run it from the utilitys menu.

I didn't know which one to run it from? I've run all my movies so far by just picking the avi file and running it. I had no idea it was in utilitys?

sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Jul 27 2006 at 04:51 PM said:
Come on, you cant be that stupid...
Its a .gpu so you run it from the utilitys menu.

Or rename it to .gpe and run from the games menu

I hate asking for help here. Everyone here seems like we (new gp2x owners) know everything about this system and we don't. I'm sure your all sick of us noobs asking. well too bad....thats what this forums for. Help.

jeezz

Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 09:59 AM said:
I hate asking for help here. Everyone here seems like we (new gp2x owners) know everything about this system and we don't. I'm sure your all sick of us noobs asking. well too bad....thats what this forums for. Help.

jeezz
Probably some of the critical tone of the answer came from you only waiting 17 minutes for an answer before shouting "Hello???" as if you are on hold with customer service or something.

And the proper response to the answer should at least include "thank you."

Not to be mean or anything, I'd expect you to notice the extensions of all the programs... .gpe for games and .gpu for utilities.

Dzz posted on Jul 27 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 09:59 AM said:

jeezz
Probably some of the critical tone of the answer came from you only waiting 17 minutes for an answer before shouting "Hello???" as if you are on hold with customer service or something.

And the proper response to the answer should at least include "thank you."

I was very nice. It's after Vimacs called me stupid. That was uncalled for. and in a help forum.

not good.

and thank you

Loubear posted on Jul 27 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
Not to be mean or anything, I'd expect you to notice the extensions of all the programs... .gpe for games and .gpu for utilities.

Like I said before. I just got it yesterday. I'm still new at this. I guess I just didn't notice the file extensions.

Now I know. thanks :)

Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 10:07 AM said:
I was very nice. It's after Vimacs called me stupid. That was uncalled for. and in a help forum.
To an observer, your demanding attention so quickly with your "Hello???" was pretty rude, and then you got a pretty rude answer. I agree that both the questioners and answerers should be less rude in a help forum.

The gpe/gpu game/utility thing is a ridiculous design that unnecessarily complicates people's lives. They should not have to worry about the file extensions, stuff should just work. But it is what it is.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on the gp2x.

There is something to be said for face to face contact with someone. Especially if your not thinking strait(in a hurry or upset). When training for a job once they told me that the best communication is in person then on phone and then email. This was for the reason that people use tones and body language to get their point across sometimes. If you were to say something like "I don't know what is going I think this is stupid" one person might interpret that as the gp2x is stupid, anouther might interpret it as not being able to figure it out is stupid. Or that the sintuation is stupid. When asking for something in writen form remember we are missing alot by not seeing you, try and word things better :p Besides talking to someone in person you don't have to worry about spelling and grammer. You would think I was born in Russia or something sometimes. Thats my little rant. I hope you have fun as much fun on these boards and on your gp2x as I do.

Just remember half the battle with a gp2x is figuring out how to run an app and getting it on the system. Your half way there :)

Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 04:59 PM said:

jeezz
He he, I'd have to say for the extensions thing, read the manual :D

oqnet posted on Jul 27 2006 at 06:03 PM said:

There is something to be said for face to face contact with someone. Especially if your not thinking strait(in a hurry or upset). When training for a job once they told me that the best communication is in person then on phone and then email. This was for the reason that people use tones and body language to get their point across sometimes. If you were to say something like "I don't know what is going I think this is stupid" one person might interpret that as the gp2x is stupid, anouther might interpret it as not being able to figure it out is stupid. Or that the sintuation is stupid. When asking for something in writen form remember we are missing alot by not seeing you, try and word things better :p Besides talking to someone in person you don't have to worry about spelling and grammer. You would think I was born in Russia or something sometimes. Thats my little rant. I hope you have fun as much fun on these boards and on your gp2x as I do.

Just remember half the battle with a gp2x is figuring out how to run an app and getting it on the system. Your half way there :)

Thanks for understanding oqnet. I did have problems today at work. Had a big fight with my sup. Your right though. I should think before I speak.

oh and I love my gp2x. It's amazing! :)

Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
oqnet posted on Jul 27 2006 at 06:03 PM said:

Thanks for understanding oqnet. I did have problems today at work. Had a big fight with my sup. Your right though. I should think before I speak.

oh and I love my gp2x. It's amazing! :)

oh yea, what did you get yelled at for??

DSR

Back