How Do We Report Bugs / Make Feature Requests?

Loon

Is there any official information on how we should report bugs & make feature requests relating to the Pandora?

Is it via http://bugs.openpandora.org/?

Or should we report them on this forum and let the team decide which ones to add to the official bug list.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better way to do this?

It would be nice to have some official advice relating to this issue.

PS Sorry for the duplicate post, did ask this in the 'from the hall' thread but no answer was forthcoming, thought it was worth a separate topic.

My experience as Wesnoth dev tells me that reporting bugs in a forum sucks for the developers. In a forum they are easily lost and the likes. If you are looking for some help how to do things, the forums are the right place. But for real bugs better use the tracker where they will not be missed this easily.

I'd be afraid of reporting a bug and it turning out to be my own stupidity, but I guess that's the nature of the beast?

Everyone should do a forum search for fixes for their "bugs" before they report them of course.

Yep, fully agree -- you shoudl do the usual 'due diligence' -- search the forum and trrack for existing reports, ounce the idea aorund with others and the devs if they're watching, and if it really looks like a new issue or request, then post to the tracker. Don't go willy nilly posting there, or it'll have to have its public face disabled :) (ie: if people spam it with 100 entries an hour or something :)

But we all know there will be no bugs, right? :)

jeff

Back