How Do You Connect An Xbox To Pc

F

famendo

hi guys

i just recently had my xbox softmodded and im using the xbox media center, i was wondering how you connect the xbox to your pc as i want to put more movie, emus, games etc on it.

could you explain how you do it, what you need, and where you get from

well appreicated

bobby

With a crossover network cable if you are connecting it directly to a network port on the PC.

Then you check the IP address on the xbox, via the default dashboard or through XBMC.

Use a regular FTP program on the PC such as smartftp and enter the IP address of the xbox, username and password should be xbox and xbox.

Done! :)

never connected via USB, but I supose you could remove the harddrive from the Xbox and put it in a IDE to USB holder thing then connect it to the PC???

Steve-O posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
never connected via USB, but I supose you could remove the harddrive from the Xbox and put it in a IDE to USB holder thing then connect it to the PC???

Nope, Pc won`t see it as the hard drive is locked.

Network crossover cable is the only way to go, That is unless someone has other suggestions ?.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a list of compatable hard drives as well as i take it i will need a bigger one as i wanna back games up to the hard drive, also do u guys recommend any good programs for an xbox that is soft modded

Back