How Do You Save In Emulation?

HeWhoCorrupts

Still Fresh
Website
trashnslash.blogspot.com
I started a random game, and saved it. Followed the usual way to get it to save proper. Restarted the Wiz and the save was gone. Don't know how to make it solid. What is the exact way to get a save to stay, and how do you do save states? Help would be cool and act like you are trying to teach an idiot because I am apparently have earned the title... I have been messing with emul too long to be this dumb on this matter...

In PicoDrive I'm just using the left shoulder button to save. Works flawlessly ;)

HeWhoCorrupts posted on May 19 2009 at 09:30 PM said:
I started a random game, and saved it. Followed the usual way to get it to save proper. Restarted the Wiz and the save was gone. Don't know how to make it solid. What is the exact way to get a save to stay, and how do you do save states? Help would be cool and act like you are trying to teach an idiot because I am apparently have earned the title... I have been messing with emul too long to be this dumb on this matter...
I don't know exactly, since it'll depend on the emulator you're using.. but what it's possible the emulator only writes back saves when you exit the game (or the emulator). If you can exit properly or load another game try that. Otherwise see if you can use savestates.

Last edited by a moderator:
HeWhoCorrupts posted on May 19 2009 at 04:17 PM said:
I was using both PocketSNES and Zsnes. Both will not save at all... How do you savestate?

I saved then exited, which is what I do in other system emulations.
How did you get znes to work on the wiz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games work while others do not on Zsnes... For some reason when I gripped up an emulator it came with both pocketsnes and zsnes both with .gpe. So I dunno. I have found out my save problem. I have to manually click save SRAM, then it works all the time...

Back