How good is the Pandora in Web Browsing?

obiwan22

So how good is the open pandora in web browsing?

Meaning can it play youtube videos, play flash content?

run multiple tabs?

Youtube videos - Sketchy, but could get better with DSP use.

Flash Animations - Not bad, but bottlenecked by slow wifi and low RAM.

You're fine for multiple tabs - depending on what they are, best if you use swap with them

This is all based of Firefox5.

You're fine for multiple tabs - depending on what they are, best if you use swap with them

based on what you said.....dunno if I should buy the pandora lol

based on what you said.....dunno if I should buy the pandora lol

eh it is what it is, Firefox for the Pandora is the full desktop version.. so it can be a bit of a memory hog.. Chromium can be a bit better speed wise.

Flash isn't natively supported, it's using a hacked version from an android phone.. so it's not optimized for the Pandora.

I personally rarely use the Pandora for Web browsing.. Desktop flavours of web browsers are kind of clunky on a small screen.

Personally web browsing was the least interesting feature on the device. so it didn't effect my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Midori is fine. You may wish to use a swap file if you do anything heavy.

@Obiwan

>based on what you said.....dunno if I should buy the pandora lol

Maybe somebody could try installing HAIKU on the Pandora.

(No Flash though, but who cares LOL)

Note that he said "maker", implying that the browsing was good enough for him on the Pandora.

I want to give Fennec (mobile Firefox) a shot. I believe it's compatible with the same stuff, too.

So how good is the open pandora in web browsing?

Meaning can it play youtube videos, play flash content?

run multiple tabs?

Web browsing works well. As long as you don't have a dozen tabs open, you can easily browse the web.

Firefox is the slower of the bunch, but has the best website compatibility and flash support.

Chromium is a bit faster and has good website compatibility, but no flash support.

Midori (The one not on the device) Doesn't have the best compatibility but apparently it's got flash support.

As far as Flash content goes, You can play some basic flash games and watch Youtube videos in 240p that are 10 minutes or less in length. Basic flash elements also work fine.

does Sega Dreamcast run yet?

There was someone working on a Dreamcast Emu, and a video (

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vXJ0WtWGRLE?feature=oembed) Shows that DC emulation COULD be possible on our little Pandora's. Probably never full speed, but some games might be fast enough to be playable. Last I heard, the dev is waiting for a Pandora? That or they left...

I cant do this anymore!

I've been following the pandora on these boards for over a year now and I think Im going to have to order a premium one when the wifi issue is fixed...............cant stand it I WANT MY PANDY!

Back