How To Play Your Commercial Games In A New Gp??

bakubaku

i got my gp32 replaced by craig, and as i have a new GP, the commercial games dont work on it... ive used the GPReg program to register it and reinstalled say pinball dreams, but it wont load in the load screen...

anyone know about this? im desperate to get back my 175million score on nightmare table!

cheers! ^_^'

thats the bad thing about JOYGP, you register under 1 gp32, you download the game coded to that GP32, if anything happens, you can't redownload it to another GP32, sorry look like your out of luck on this.

but otherwise you download it and several ppl can use it thanks to one person... :s

Tenno posted on Feb 9 2004 at 08:03 PM said:
but otherwise you download it and several ppl can use it thanks to one person... :s
not if they had profiles, put in your phone# or address for verification. maybe user name and password, I don't know, there just has to be a better way.

Last edited by a moderator:
i asked bada about this before - as my gp was getting changed, he said id have to buy them again, because of the gp32's security system.

luckly i hadnt bought that many, before hand. :D

looking on the bright side though, at least they didnt cos £40 like some of the other handhelds.

This may sound a crazy idea :blink: ,But.
An installer could be used (once only) to encrypt the game to a single smart media cards ID. Eg. You double click the downloaded game file installer, Which ask you where you wish to install the game. You point it to your smart media card reader or your GP32. It then reads the ID from the inserted smart media card, Encrypts the game with said ID, Then installs the game to the card. Job done. :D

As for the technical aspects of the above procedure, Well, I haven`t got a clue. ;)

But it sounds good on paper. :rolleyes:

Trooper

thats a bit like firefly's program, hes got mentioned on his site, dunno the address mind. Although its somewhat irrelevant as you cant download it anyway, as you could use it to fix non bought games also, which in turn is bad for gamepark.

which ever way you did it, youd still be limiting your options. only on one gp32, only on one smc. if you had serial codes or somthing, that would let you control how and when you installed it, but once again makes it easier for other people to get the same game for nothing.

but i do agree, there has to be a simpler option.

Is it just me or does my post read a bit hyper.

I am in the same position. My GP32s screen was constantly playing up and I was getting fed up with it so I took the plunge and bought a new one when GBAX started doing 166Mhz GP32s.

I feel like it is a bit of a off about losing the JoyGP games that I have already paid for, but they were pretty rubbish anyway and I am not inclined to buy anything from them again. It's a shame to lose GP Cinema, but I only used it about 3 times anyway.

You know maybe JoyGP could start a system where they keep a record of all the stuff you've bought and just charge a reloading fee of say like a dollar if you need to repurchase something already in your profile? This way you get your gamea and apps again and they get a little money for the trouble of bandwidth use and resupplying you, it has the extra added effect of lowered annimosity if it's due to something beyond your control.

Granted there are some things like GpCinema which I don't think you can buy a hard copy of, but you guys should have known it was hard coded onto one GP32 when you bought it. It's a tradeoff and a chance you take. Still unfortunate though :(

Back