How To Use Old Savestate To Work On With Pocketsnes

Website
Visit site
Hello. I realize that this is stupid, but here it is. on pocketsnes, I have saparated the save states to their their proper files, But when I try to use the old savestates but they don't work. I have the gpe file in the roms folder. If anyone to help me to place the gpe or how to use old savestates I would be greatly appreciated . Thanks, Alterdimension

alterdimension posted on Feb 5 2007 at 11:12 PM said:
Hello. I realize that this is stupid, but here it is. on pocketsnes, I have saparated the save states to their their proper files, But when I try to use the old savestates but they don't work. I have the gpe file in the roms folder. If anyone to help me to place the gpe or how to use old savestates I would be greatly appreciated . Thanks, Alterdimension

Readme is the key for you to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well for a start you don't need to have the gpe in the roms folder, you'll probably find you now have a options,savestate and sram directory in your roms folder as well.

You should end up with the following.
(assumes you installed DrPocketSnes into <SD Card Root>/PocketSnes

<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/PocketSnes.gpe
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/options/ - contains *.opt files
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/savestate/ - contains *.sv* files
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/sram/ - contains *.srm files

If you set it up like above it should work without any problems. If you are still have issues then post your current directory structure and we'll spot where you screwed up.

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:37 PM said:

Well for a start you don't need to have the gpe in the roms folder, you'll probably find you now have a options,savestate and sram directory in your roms folder as well.

You should end up with the following.
(assumes you installed DrPocketSnes into <SD Card Root>/PocketSnes

<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/PocketSnes.gpe
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/options/ - contains *.opt files
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/savestate/ - contains *.sv* files
<SD Card Root>/PocketSnes/sram/ - contains *.srm files

PodketSnes (gpe file in here)
Options (where the opt files are in)
Savestate (where i put the sv files)
Sram files (where i put the srm files.)
Roms (where the roms go.)
That being said, I couldve have put the files in the wrong folders, But I doubt so.
Thats It. I hope someone can help me, Alterdimension

on

If you set it up like above it should work without any problems. If you are still have issues then post your current directory structure and we'll spot where you screwed up.

Oh boy. I've really crapped this thing up. I tried to use the old stavestates but, now I can't evan save new savestates now.
I've got the files in their respective folders, I just don't know what to do. I guess I am a newbie at this. -Alterdimension

Reesy is very generous to give you so complete of a response. But really, read the readme. It's all in there and I followed what is said and it worked the first time. If you think you made a mistake, just copy your sram(srm) and savestates(sv0,sv1...) elsewhere and try again. Also, Pocketnes creates the diretory automatically, so just start it once, exit and then copy your files in the right directories.

Try and be precice about your new saving problem. Is it because you can't access the menu or it looks like the program saves but it is not? etc.

Thank you all for helping me. I just wanted to thank espcially Ressy for giving me help. i just want to say that reesy's super nintendo emulator is the best I have ever had the pleasure to play. Good luck with your emulator upcoming, and I know I'll be there to download the newer versions as well. -Alterdimension

alterdimension posted on Feb 7 2007 at 03:20 AM said:
Thank you all for helping me. I just wanted to thank espcially Ressy for giving me help. i just want to say that reesy's super nintendo emulator is the best I have ever had the pleasure to play. Good luck with your emulator upcoming, and I know I'll be there to download the newer versions as well. -Alterdimension

I just wanta tell you that i fixed the emulator by nuking (re-formated) And now it works perfect. Thanks Again for everthing. -Alterdmension

Back