How Well Does It Run Gpfce Nes Emu ?

renejr902

Website
Visit site
i have 3 questions

1. how well does it run gpfce nes emu ? full speed with no frameskip ?

2. can it run FULL SCREEN, stretched ?? i dont want a square in the middle of the screen. i play all my emu stretched.

3. does picodrive run perfect like the picodrive emu on gp2x ?? i just want to be sure.

thanks

GPFCE runs smooth, Picodrive does too the only problem is the tearing issue in some games. Hopefully there will be a fix for that.

2 others questions

4. i tried to see the tearing problem with youtube, but cant find it.
is it a diagonal line that appear on the screen

5. is the tv-out work fullscreen with emulator on a CRT Television with rca cable

thanks a loy for answer.

i hesitate to buy one. i have a lot of handheld, so im not sure.

renejr902 posted on May 19 2009 at 03:41 AM said:
2 others questions

4. i tried to see the tearing problem with youtube, but cant find it.
is it a diagonal line that appear on the screen

5. is the tv-out work fullscreen with emulator on a CRT Television with rca cable

thanks a loy for answer.

i hesitate to buy one. i have a lot of handheld, so im not sure.
Yes, it's that diagonal line.
TV Out is afaik not working yet.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
On my wiz gpfce run smoothly but with very low sound, also if it's at maximum..

1. GPFCE runs smoothly, no speed issues. GPFCE doesn't exit properly and hangs when I choose exit.
Picodrive runs smoothly with proper stretching. I found no issues.

2. GPFCE HW stretching doesn't work, SW works but incorrectly. Picodrive have no issues with stretching.

3. Don't know, don't have a gp2x.

renejr902 posted on May 19 2009 at 08:14 PM said:
SW works but incorrectly . is it playable ? whats the problem. is it enough speed to get it fullspeed
It is hard to explain ) Something like, actual picture is in center, and stretching is achieved by cloning far sides of the screen. For example when a dog moving from the right side to the left just appears from the right side I can see part of it on the left part of ther screen. It is very annoying and I can't say it is playable when this kind of stretching is on.
About speed - there is no problems with speed.

1. how well does it run gpfce nes emu ? full speed with no frameskip ?
NES runs flawlessly, but the port of the emulator isn't optimized for the wiz yet and screen stretching doesn't work. This should be fixed in later updates to the emulator.

2. can it run FULL SCREEN, stretched ?? i dont want a square in the middle of the screen. i play all my emu stretched.
GPFCE Doesn't run full screen because it was ported rather quickly. Volume control is broken on GPFCE at this moment, too, so it doesn't get as loud as it should.

3. does picodrive run perfect like the picodrive emu on gp2x ?? i just want to be sure.
Picodrive runs perfectly with full speed, fullscreen and with 44Khz sound =] It's what's holding me over until our gracious lords of wiz development grant us with other emulators. Until then, Genesis and Mame working perfectly is definitely worth it.

chickendung posted on May 22 2009 at 08:02 PM said:
The emulation issues aren't permanent, remember. They will be updated to work much better eventually, although PicoDrive is quite close to perfect already. :lol:
Anyone else having problems with gpfce when exiting it. In my case it freezes the Wiz and I have to turn it off and on again.

Regards

André

Back