Howdy

I have checked the repo , and downloaded palemoon and Ive read some stuffs on the wiki, you have a list of things I should download?

It really depends on your use of the Pandora. What are you going to be using your Panda for and we can give you some ideas.

For me, emulation is my main use. I run Drastic, PPSSPP and old school Atari Emus. All work pretty great on the Panda.

For productivity, Libre Office rocks out.

I guess the first thing you should do is check what firmware you are on and update to the latest release if you are behind. Newer firmware brings a huge load of cool improvements, especially concerning power management. With the latest firmware my pandoras last more than 10 days in stand-by mode.

I love to use Dosbox on my pandora for classic DOS gaming. There are loads of emulators for classic consoles, but some ports are better than others.

You'd want to try picodrive for all your Genesis/MegaDrive/SegaCD/32x emulation needs. It pretty much does every game flawlessly (most with well underclocked cpu speed) and was programmed by our own Notaz. It's a pretty impressive piece of software. Same goes for gpsp, which is my favorite gba emulator and the psx emulator "pcsx rearmed", also coded by Notaz and heavily optimized.

If you are not into console emulation, but still like gaming, our porting guru ptitSeb has ported hundreds of open source games and lots of now open classics. Too many to list here.

What I will list are some of his more amazing ports including xash3d which is a fully compatible half-life engine (yes... halflife, opposing force and blue shift on your pandora!!!)

We also have some unique ports on our beloved platform which are also the product of some kind of voodoo magic that Notaz has come up with. He ported warcraft 1 which was pretty awesome when he did. But then he actually managed to port Starcraft (I have played LAN sessions using my pandora...) and Diablo 1 and Diablo 2!

Ah well... you can say that I am a fanboy of ptitSeb and Notaz ^^. There are lots of other coders that have created or ported over great software, but we have a few exceptional ones on board as well.

If you are more into terminal hacking, I can recommend the awesome CLI Love pnd which comes with a huge selection of scripts and CLI tools ready to go. You might also want to take a look at ptitSebs huge development pnd including codeblocks and pretty much every library you'd need to compile your stuff. A powerful selection of buildtools that will get you started right away.

Also: make sure to browse a bit through the repo and don't rely on the search too much. The search is not very good if you do not exactly know the name of the pnd you want, so you will miss a lot.

EDIT: Some more stuff I use quite frequently:
- wireshark. Awesome to have on the go, scan a few open wifi APs for traffic...
- ssh which is of course already in the system.
- qwinff... I had lots of occasions where someone would provide some crappy media files at work and all the computers had locked down software so we were not able to convert the files. Pandora to the rescue!
- ISO Optical drive: bunch of scripts to mount an image and have the pandora act as an external CD-Rom. This is a very useful tool. It says it won't let you boot from it, but that is not true, there is an updated version on this forum by PowerGod and that actually let's you boot computers with an appropriate image. So next time your colleagues work PC needs an overhaul "which flavour OS should I install, I got it all right here in my pocket"

Last edited:
@xnopasaranx thanks , Im mostly going to use my pandora for emulation , Ive already got Ginge to run CaveStory and my pandora is up to date , also praise Notaz , Ive been looking at the fourms since the Pandora was released , just made a Fourm account due to my recent purchase

Howdy!
FB,6684,72,eti-topkek-meyveli-40gr-24-lu-koli-biskuvi-kraker-urunleri-eti.jpg

Regarding Curly's Story:
Wasn't this mode introduced with the (commercial) enhanced "+" edition?

@Klumpen TopKek indeed , I knew topkek before it was a meme , lived in Turkey for 1-2 years , I can fluently speak the langauge , Kekkles. Btw you got any game recomendations? Or/and any essential PNDs

I'd recommend trying out some of the homebrew games that were coded especially for the Pandora - or for the Pandora and a few other niche handhelds. Games like Space Rocks, NubNub or Hase. There are also a lot of very cool ports like Oolite or RVGL, F1 Spirit Remake, Not Tetris, I could go on.

Btw you got any game recomendations? Or/and any essential PNDs
My favourites are PewPew2, NubNub (Pandora Exclusive), Microbes (Pandora Exclusive), OpenTyrian, Boson-X and especcially SDL Lemmings.
When it comes to emulators clearly PCSX reARMed (best optimized playstation emulator port in existence, faster than the Android version on quad core) and drastic.
Also C64.emu or Vice.

Last edited:
I clock my rebirth at 900MHz, it's stable at that speed (tested with Notaz, Stress test on the repo). when Idle, it will throttle down anyway.

Oh how I have waited for the day somebody solicited my opinion of essential Pandora apps. Please bear in mind I am by no means an expert: these are the personal picks of someone at a hobby/enthusiast level.

Utility/general:
Albert - fast app chooser.
gparted - nice drive management software
Pale Moon - good overall browser, not perfect but of the ones I've tried its the one I always go back to.
Deadbeef- great music player
AB Mouse - use a and b buttons as mouseclicks
Minitube - Youtube client.
Archive manager - pretty self explanatory.

Games:
Ex emu alpha- great emulators; overall my go to. They are pretty fast across the range of platforms they target, and the standardized layout is pretty nice and quick. Also supports my wiimotes out of the box.
Drastic - DS Emulator.
The Marathon Trilogy - Aleph one. 1990's era 2.5d FPS, the spiritual forerunner to Halo. Just a personal pick, nothing super special. I just wish I could go back in time and tell young me that one day I would play Marathon (properly) on the bus.
Hase is a pretty neat worms-like game with a twist, written by a forum member. I still play it now and again.

Oh how I have waited for the day somebody solicited my opinion of essential Pandora apps. Please bear in mind I am by no means an expert: these are the personal picks of someone at a hobby/enthusiast level.

Utility/general:
Albert - fast app chooser.
gparted - nice drive management software
Pale Moon - good overall browser, not perfect but of the ones I've tried its the one I always go back to.
Deadbeef- great music player
AB Mouse - use a and b buttons as mouseclicks
Minitube - Youtube client.
Archive manager - pretty self explanatory.

Games:
Ex emu alpha- great emulators; overall my go to. They are pretty fast across the range of platforms they target, and the standardized layout is pretty nice and quick. Also supports my wiimotes out of the box.
Drastic - DS Emulator.
The Marathon Trilogy - Aleph one. 1990's era 2.5d FPS, the spiritual forerunner to Halo. Just a personal pick, nothing super special. I just wish I could go back in time and tell young me that one day I would play Marathon (properly) on the bus.
Hase is a pretty neat worms-like game with a twist, written by a forum member. I still play it now and again.
Minitube is unavailable on the repo , also i cant get libre office to work

Back