How's the durability of the pyra?

2coop4

Still Fresh
I was wondering how strong the case and system are. I know it's still in development, much of that hasn't been tested yet but does anyone have a good guess on it. I'm liking it so far especially about the LTE & phone. I just wish it could play all my favorite steam games out of the box. Also would the transparent case be a option when ordering

Until the first one officially rolls off the line and someone throws it in a blender we won't know for absolute certain, but the case is made of polycarbonate which is pretty close to bullet proof(*), so there's that.

(*) I think bullet resistance of polycarbonate starts at 2 or 3 inches thickness, so the Pyra will not actually be bullet proof. Do not attempt to stop bullets with Pyra.

Until the first one officially rolls off the line and someone throws it in a blender we won't know for absolute certain, but the case is made of polycarbonate which is pretty close to bullet proof(*), so there's that.

(*) I think bullet resistance of polycarbonate starts at 2 or 3 inches thickness, so the Pyra will not actually be bullet proof. Do not attempt to stop bullets with Pyra.
True can't wait to see, i really want one just can't buy it now and lol i prefer not getting shot at so I'm good there i would love a case that was though

I think for Steamgames you should consister to buy a GPD Win, its a Chinese Pandora Clone, but whit a newer X86 CPU and Windows 10, some even got skyrim to run on it..
Pyra is more if you wants to play opensource Games, as they need to get portet to ARM..

But from my Experiences whit the Pandora, i would expect the durability of the Pyra quite hight, i allways carry my Pandora in a Sidepocket of my Workpants, and expeckt of some scratches, it still work quite well..
The Case of the Pyra is Scretch Resistent, EvilDragon showd this in one of the first Vidoes of moldet case prototyps..
and whit the Clamshell Designt which saves the Display, the Pyra should be pretty tought..

Not Waterproof and not that tought than the G-Shock Watch, and not that undestroyable than the original Gameboy, but it should survive lots of everyday dangers..

I was wondering how strong the case and system are. I know it's still in development, much of that hasn't been tested yet but does anyone have a good guess on it. I'm liking it so far especially about the LTE & phone. I just wish it could play all my favorite steam games out of the box. Also would the transparent case be a option when ordering
Yeah if you want to play steam games mainly, you should probably get the GPD Win instead like matzesu suggested. While steam exists for Debian, I'm pretty certain there isn't a version for ARM Debian.

... at the the moment ;)

The more powerful the fruit-cake (Banana-, Raspberry-, Orange-Pie,....) get, the more interesting will be a ARM-Port ;)

If someone wants to send me a dozen non-compliant (mold rejects, color wrong, etc) Pyra cases, I can put this concept through a series of controlled practical tests. I don't have a high speed high resolution camera though, so there won't be much to watch.

maybe should've saved up for a high speed camera instead of buying all those SD cards ;)

Back