Hu6280 Black Screen

nugsolot

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions to see how i could possibly find out why when I start up Hu6280 i get nothing but a constant black screen. I have the files from the archive in /hu6280 on my sd card and have read the read me. According to other threads i've read the placement of the files on the SD Cards should not make a difference. I have edited the ini file and pointed the Roms directory to where more ROMS are. I was trying to direct the output in to a text file to see what was occuring when starting up this app but the text file never created.

code used in script >>

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 233
cd /mnt/sd/hu6280
./hu6280.gpe > /mnt/sd/errlog.txt
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

>>

Any Suggestions would be apreciated as it doesnt seem that anyone else is having any problems running this emu.

Thanks,
Nugsolot

you don't need to set the clockspeed when starting hu6280, there is a clockspeed selector builtin :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I have verified that the ini file is pointing to the actual location of the roms, and removed the cpuspeed from the script. If i run the emu from either the actual gpe file ie /hu6280/hu6280.gpe by selecting this with the gp2x menu, or run the script i just get a black screen and have to powercycle the unit.
Am i correct in my thinking of how to get output the results of running this with '> filename.txt' after the executable?

Ok so i believe that this emu has a ROM limit, im not sure what it is but I had about 1500 rom files in the roms folder. When i cut this down to 1 the program started right up. Thought I'd post this just in case any body else ran into it. Dont think the README said anything about this either might be a good thing to add.

Thanks,
Nugsolot

1500!!! Whoah!

Cut down on all those PD bits & pieces and region dupes... I think there's less than 500 "real" games for the system?

I would imagine many of those are bad dumps as well. Goodset eh? Get the nointro set.

Greetings to all

I'm new to the joys of the GP2X and have been trying in vain to get HU6280 to load a rom file.

I've got the .gpe file and .ini in the same directory on my SD card.
The .ini is set at the default ROMS=/mnt/sd/roms/pcengine

On the SD cards root directory i've got the roms folder, inside this i've created a pcengine folder.
I've put a number of .pce files inside this folder, now HU6280 runs just fine, I can get the built in Arkanoid clone to run but for the life of me cannot get it to locate any other roms :(

Can any of you kind Sirs point a GP2X virgin in the right direction, I'm hanging out for some mobile Bomberman :rolleyes:

Thanks

Retrotard

It sounds like you have everything correct. All I can think of is to check that your pathnames are all in lowercase, as the system is case sensitive.

Back