I Can't Flash Firmwares On My F200, Is It Bricked ?

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi guys,

I need your help !!!

Now that I have my Pandora, I just couldn't let my good old GP2X collect dust like that :)

So I decided to lend it to my girlfriend :wub:

Before doing so, I thought it could be nice to reflash Open2X on it, to start on a fresh install...(and because Ereader was no longer working)

I tried NAND blanker but it failed, I also tried the official 4.x GPH firmwares, the upgrade seems to start then black screen for hours, so I assumed it didn't work...

Reflashing the latest Open2X firmware stops at the "mounting root fs" part...

I did all my tests on 2 different SD cards, FAT 16 or FAT 32 formatted, to no avail :(

Now I only have the white GPH logo with the boot sound, then for 1 second the Open2X logo from the nand blanker application, then nothing...

What can I do ?

Bye and thanks for your help, Magic Sam

I you can still see the boot screen you should be ok. I don't know what to suggest right now as you say you have already tried different SD cards with different firmwares. Maybe take a look into the gp2x wiki

Fat16 is not recommended, better try it with Fat32. What kind of gp2x is it? F100 or F200? If it is an F100 try one of the older firmwares before trying to flash with 4.x! Try 2.0.0 and see what that gives you. Also don't use batteries, they will draw more power during the flashing and might go dead on you taking your gp2x with them.

Hi xnopasaranx,

Silly me, I forgot to say it's an F200 :)

btw, FAT 16 is the only solution I found back then to flash Open2X, FAT 32 never worked for me :(

Bye and thanks for your help !

Magic Sam

[bump]

Hi,

My GP2X-F200 is working again :D Weird but true, the two SD cards I've tried to flash the firmware with were both faulty...

I "solved" their problem with a pair of scissors, and bought a new card ;)

I can now give my good ol' 2X to my girlfriend :wub:

Bye, Magic Sam

[/bump]

Cool, glad to hear that you found out what was wrong. Hope your girlfriend likes the f200. Mine always plays on my f100. She loves Boomshine2x and Tilematch.

Back