I Can't Get The Tv-out To Work

Hey folks, I'm sure this is an ultra-newb question but anyway, here goes.

I bought a tv-out cable from the GP2x.co.uk site, bought a convertor so it goes to SCART as my tv's don't have an S-VHS cable. But when I set it up and select tv-out on the 2x nothing happens.

I know you have to choose between NTSC and PAL, being European I'm presuming its PAL. I assumed that the choice highlighted in white was the selected choice, but is it the one in black, underlined? What I mean is I could be thinking I'm choosing one and am in fact, choosing the other. I'm fairly sure I tried both anyway and still didn't get anything.

Am I missing something really obvious here? :unsure:

Uh...

Well if its scart shouldn't it override everything else like a DVD Player would? I did scroll through the AV channels but didn't get anything that way either.

Will it be tuned to the same channel as the video player - is that what you're saying?

It should be on one of the AV inputs. Depends on type of TV.

Doubt if the SCART plug has the needed connection to pin 8 to automatically select channel

I would try a known video source (camcorder for example) and find that before assuming the problem is the GP2X.

Cheers

Dave

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
Uh...

Well if its scart shouldn't it override everything else like a DVD Player would? I did scroll through the AV channels but didn't get anything that way either.

Will it be tuned to the same channel as the video player - is that what you're saying?
It's more of a problem that Svideo doesn't have the necessary pin to tell the TV to switch the Channel automatically like a true scart device. Because of that you have to manually select the correct AV channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back