I Cant Run Dosbox

fioppa

Still Fresh
After selecting a game in the /dosbox/GAMEDIR i get black screen and the cosole are freezed.

Using cpu_speed.gpe from dosbox_dreffects_060317 i get black screen also wen i try to visualize the image using the X buttom.

Seem that i have some problem with the graphics, how to debug :( and solve :) it?
There is the possibility to see a log file ( linux style ) in my GP2X.

I'm using Firm 1.4.0.
I have installed SDL from your site ( Korean Site )

Please help me
Thanks

i cant get it to work either the same thing happens for me. and i followed the directions and everything

Same here as well. The dynablaster game loaded once (got the menu) but then crashed. Every time after that when I loaded it, it just goes to a black screen. I have adjusted the settings to lower the CPU overclocking and I still get the same thing. I tried a different game as well with a configuration based off of the dynablaster game with the same effects. It would be awesome to play Jones in the Fastlane on the gp2x. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I just took out the overclocking line in start.gpe and Jones in the Fastlane runs fine, albeit a little slow but with this game that is alright. Everyone should try this game out, you can get it at any abandonware site. Should we just add the games we try to the old dosbox list or should a new one be created for this new version?

Actually I think I may know what the problem is. This problem has been discussed before with other apps/games on the gp2x. How are you modifying the config files? Are you in Windows and using notepad or wordpad? Use a program called the programmers notepad instead. I added the overclocking back with this (and this is the app I used to take it off too) and it worked just fine. That may be your problem. By the way, where did you get the open2x uboot/kernel? I've been looking for a download of it. Thanks.

I flashed to open2x and now it doesn't seem to work for me either. I was trying to get network working on open2x so I can use a verbose setting on dosbox to find out if there are any errors but I can't seem to get it working just yet. Once I figure it out I will post here.

Back