I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
The latest gpSP for GP2X is currently (as of December 1st) here:
Release #3: http://www.friggingames.com/gpsp08_gp2x_3.zip

The readme.txt and especially the readme_gp2x.txt are a great start for figuring out how to use this GBA emu.
Enjoy playing!

OLD OUTDATED ORIGINAL POST:
Hi everyone,

I got gpSP, a GBA emu made by Exophase, running on the GP2X. It currently is using SDL for video and sound, and an interpreter (slower method compared to a dynarec) for CPU emulation.

Great news though, it's running fast already! I was able to play through some Chu Chu Rocket, and yes, with sound! What's amazing though, is I did this all *without* overclocking!

I'm going to discuss what to do about the dynarec and some fancy optimizations we have in mind, but to be honest, they seem to not be needed. At least not nearly as much as we thought!

Wow, this is an amazing stuff!

This isn't in the news section due to not having a release linked, but feel free to move it there if appropriate.

I had an early build sent to someone to test, maybe they can grab some video/screens. Who knows. :)

Sounds great! In anticipation i've had a go at running gpSP on my PSP - it runs (as Borat would say) "Real Nice".

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses on the good old GP2X.

Mario Kart is a good test game I believe (I played that alot on my realy GBA).

Maybe it will be faster for us to play Payback on GBA emu rather than waiting for the GP2X release :p

Some demanding titles to really put it through its paces are Yoshi's Island and Metroid Zero Mission. If it can run those decently, you're a bloody champ (not that you aren't already :) ).

Zodttd... You ARE the man! But many thanks to Exophase too, of course.
This is the one thing I've been waiting for since I bought my GP2X a year ago. That and PSX-Emulation.
Thank You Zodttd!

Back