I have an idea to increase GP32 awareness

RoboJoe32

It'd be easy to do, go to school, put up GP32 posters advertising it and links to sites to buy it... And links to GP32x. Go to work and do the same, put it in popular gaming stores in your area, Or even put it OVER (mean I know) Other handheld (n-gage) ads to help advertise it.

If GP32's staff won't advertise it, We could....And if it was effective enough, european launch would be final, and we MAY actually have more commercial games and some new programmers might be introduced to the GP32 too.

Graphics design..........not my forte, but i'll try something. "k? (That would be a good idea for a contest, GP32 AD poster design!)

RoboJoe32 posted on Oct 10 2003 at 01:55 AM said:
Graphics design..........not my forte, but i'll try something. "k? (That would be a good idea for a contest, GP32 AD poster design!)
I'll try something too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt its illegal, as long as you ask. Posters aren't a bad idea... although you'd have to find places willing to let you put them up.

That said, sticking them *everywhere* might be illegal, and sticking them on bus-stops and lamp posts would make people think it was either a scam, or a secret prostitute ring lol.

Tobriand posted on Oct 10 2003 at 05:54 AM said:
I doubt its illegal, as long as you ask.
Depends on where you are. Despite evidence to the contrary (i.e. poster everywhere), in the UK fly posting comes under the jurisdiction of local authorities and is illegal. Punishable by a fine from local magistrates.

As Tobriand says, you would have to get permission from the owner of the site you wanted to post on before slapping anything up.

I'm a research assistant in beykent university in Turkey. My main major is cinema and tv studies, but I do some poster and banner work in the university and some other universities.

After I saw n-gage commercial on tv, robojoe's idea came to my mind too. I'm going to prepare a poster and (when I had time) a TV commercial for GP32.

I'll put the poster on my office wall where extremely high count of student comes and goes.

Maybe somebody post a brilliant idea for gp32 TV commercial so I could shoot one.

But please do not attack other compaines (eg. GBA or N-gage).
make it unique.

are there any 3d model of gp32? I can model one, but it takes long time.

edit:

if you want you can post ideas directly to me too, here is my e-mail:

arda *at* beykent.edu.tr

Skull and crossbones thingy? (hasn't seen that yet) well, i'm still working on the first poster, but so far it's not very impressive. All I have is MSword, MSpaint, and Irfanview on my bro's PC (my main PC is dead) so i'm limited...

Cool, I'm playing around with the program right now, trying to get used to it.

If anyone else thinks of any ideas, please post them (Be they text or images)

mr twit posted on Oct 12 2003 at 02:30 PM said:
Probably a bit late at but I just noticed this thread and thought I'd have a go. Here's my attempt.
It's a bit cheesy, but it gets the point across.
Nice :D
"Are you afraid of change?" I bet all Nintendo fanboys are :lol:

Hey, cool :)

I think we (and Lik-Sang) are doing a good job of getting the word out, but in addition my GP32 has attracted a lot of interest at school but people seem cautious because it's imported. Of course, that's changing.

A long while ago I had an idea that perhaps could be used: you have (either real - there are a lot of console-collecting freaks on the board :) - or digitally produced) a massive pile of consoles, games, a dvd player, music players, handhelds, joypads, wires, you name it. Then you put the GP32 alongside it (or on the opposite page, if it's a 2-page ad) and compare them using some funny tagline (I'm taking English -Literature-, not Language, so taglines aren't my strong point). Just a shock image to get the point across :)

Oh, and blatantly lie. Say it emulates the GBA 100% :)

mr twit posted on Oct 12 2003 at 10:30 PM said:
Probably a bit late at but I just noticed this thread and thought I'd have a go. Here's my attempt.
It's a bit cheesy, but it gets the point across.
I like it but i have a few sugestions :

1. It's not Nintendo but Nintendo Entertaiment System
2. Same for SNES
3. 'Are you afriad of a change' sounds pretty bad why not 'are you afraid of a challenge?'
4. 'I play films' and 'I Play mp3's' could be merged in something like 'I play Music, I watch movies'
5. Why isn't the ScummVM not @ the poster, it's great to (re) play the old adventures.
6. Same for homebrew's

Back