I installed Hotfix 5 and my screen went black.

Distinct/Function

Still Fresh
I was wanting to upgrade my OS using hotfix 5, PND file download and when it was done it rebooted and after the open pandora logo the screen goes blank. I used the R button for boot menu and booted from the SD card but it did the same thing. Can anybody help me?

Why are you trying to install such an old firmware version?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a total noob and I didn't know there was a Hotfix 6. Is there any way I can undo the Hotfix 5 because I can't even get to the login screen and the boot fades into a blank screen.

Hotfix 5 and 6 are 2 years old and part of the old "Zaxxon" release.. "Super Zaxxon" 1.55 is the current firmware release.. mcobit has a link in his post.

I got the super zaxxon and I tried booting it but the screen fades black due to the hotfix 5 install I did previously, I don't know how to install super zaxxon with the screen going blank everytime I boot super zaxxon from my SD card

So you are not flashing the internal memory with the latest firmware, but doing an SD card install?

The last 2 pictures are when I try to boot from the SD card but does the same thing and goes blank like the 2nd picture.

^That's most likely not the problem, my guess there is something not quite right either in the boot loader if the firmware on the NAND is too old or the SD card install boot arguments are not quite right.

-Ok, I downloaded Hotfix 5/PND file

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/2080-hotfix-5-released/

-copied to the apps folder on SD card

-ran it on the Open Pandora and started installing the firmware but I can't remember what it said but it said something and I hit install anyway, something about uboot

-it rebooted when it was done and started doing the problem I have now/ turning it on and the screen going blank

I tried the brightness and didn't work, taking the battery out for 30 mins, it doesn't charge when I plug it in

ran it on the Open Pandora and started installing the firmware

Okay so your not running the OS from the SD card your attempting to reflash your internal memory with an ancient firmware version.

That old PND install most likely doesn't work anymore.. 

Have you downloaded the SuperZaxxon 1.55 firmware and followed the proper flashing process?

Back