I Just Became A Gp2x Owner. Should Have It Tomorrow.

Bloodsack

Website
Visit site
I'm very excited about getting it :D I have a GP32 blu, but haven't played it in a while. I don't know anything about this new system, but I'm sure If I need help the gp2x forum will help.

What I bought....

GP2X
Case
Batteries
TV-out plug
4gig card

I have tons of avi movies and music I could put in this baby. One question....does the neo geo run roms or CD ISO's?

Anyways....Just wanted to let you guys know how excited I am :)

there also is a neogeo cd emulator... so both roms and isos can be run.

Bloodsack posted on Jul 25 2006 at 10:09 PM said:
I'm very excited about getting it :D I have a GP32 blu, but haven't played it in a while. I don't know anything about this new system, but I'm sure If I need help the gp2x forum will help.

What I bought....

GP2X
Case
Batteries
TV-out plug
4gig card

I have tons of avi movies and music I could put it this baby. One question....does the neo geo run roms or CD ISO's?

Great stuff.
The Neo Geo emulators runs roms, not CDs.
And remember that the current version of the movie player on the GP2X plays DivX/Xvids - so make sure they are encoded in that format.
4GB is a good size card, you should have room for plenty of stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff.
The Neo Geo emulators runs roms, not CDs.
And remember that the current version of the movie player on the GP2X plays DivX/Xvids - so make sure they are encoded in that format.
4GB is a good size card, you should have room for plenty of stuff!

All my movies are in avi containers. I even have some mkv's that I encoded to avi. They should work.

Thanks for answering my neo geo question. I have both, but needed to know which one's to get ready :D

oh man, are u gonna have fun...:)

and 4gb will take a little while to fill, not to long if you have enough movies and neogeo roms. I currently am not doing any neogeo so I have tons of space, and I've got about 5 or 6 diff. systems and some episodes of simpsons, and southpark....still got about 1.5 gbs left.

I can't wait for the 8 gb cards to come out in full force...then I'll have some real fun!!

DSR

Bloodsack posted on Jul 25 2006 at 05:09 AM said:
Cool, did you get a SD reader? Or do you have one already?

That thing is a necessary for downloading and uploading to the SD, especially a 4GB one :).

Welcome to the new scene :D

dsraa posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:13 PM said:

and 4gb will take a little while to fill, not to long if you have enough movies and neogeo roms. I currently am not doing any neogeo so I have tons of space, and I've got about 5 or 6 diff. systems and some episodes of simpsons, and southpark....still got about 1.5 gbs left.

I can't wait for the 8 gb cards to come out in full force...then I'll have some real fun!!

DSR

I'm sure I wont have any problems filling that 4gb card :D

I work tomorrow, I'll have to wait until I get home to play it. My wife took a day off so someone was here to collect the package :)

nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 06:45 PM said:

That thing is a necessary for downloading and uploading to the SD, especially a 4GB one :).

Thanks.

Yeah I have a 9-1 card reader. I read up a little on this system before getting it. I heard you need a card reader. I'm all set to go B)

Bloodsack posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:47 PM said:
dsraa posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:13 PM said:

DSR

I'm sure I wont have any problems filling that 4gb card :D

I work tomorrow, I'll have to wait until I get home to play it. My wife took a day off so someone was here to collect the package :)

nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 06:45 PM said:

Thanks.

Yeah I have a 9-1 card reader. I read up a little on this system before getting it. I heard you need a card reader. I'm all set to go B)
Are you willing to sell your BLU and for how much? :huh:

Back