I Just Ordered A Pandora

Niksta

Still Fresh
I've been reading the blogs and forums since late last year and have just completed my order for one Pandora unit and accessories.

I would like to thank: Jacquelyn for the excellent customer service; the unofficial blog team (Gruso, BackAssward, atomicthumbs, Butterman, tom); and the Open Pandora Team for obvious reasons.

There doesn't appear to be a waving emoticon on the list, so I'll just settle for these... :gp2x :pandora2ut4: ... and say hello.

Hello.

Hello number 4000, I'm number 3999 (probably) - pleased to meet you. Nice to know some poor sap is further down the list than me - ha ha ha.

Did they happen to tell you they expect to ship your pandora some time in May? :rolleyes:

TitanUranus said:
Hello number 4000, I'm number 3999 (probably) - pleased to meet you. Nice to know some poor sap is further down the list than me - ha ha ha.

Did they happen to tell you they expect to ship your pandora some time in May? :rolleyes:
You forgot the basic forum rules here. With a date, always make it date+2 months. Thats the actual shipping date for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know there where still Pandora's left in the first batch. Anyway, Welcome to the community :)

Yes, note how I (like those lovely customer services) said May, but neglected to mention which year.... :ph34r:

Welcome Niksta, welcome to the Pandora fold, hopefully you won't have the same roller coaster ride as the rest of us! :p

I can only imagine the nightmare that Jackie & Debs have had to deal with since preorders started up until now. They had the whole bank nightmare of 4000 refunds, and reorders plus all the cancellations I'm sure that caused. Plus they have had a full year and a half of cancellations and new orders every week. I personally have had to update my mailing address 2 times, so I can only imigine how many changes, and corrections they have had to keep track of.

They are the real heroes here doing the grunt work. I would estimate they have done the same amount of work as if 10,000+ units had already been made and shipped, as they had to do so many things 2 and 3 times. I'm sure they will be super happy when a regular amount of orders can be filled weekly. Then they won't have to deal with new orders and cancellations all on a regular basis. It all must be a super nightmare for them. Hopefully Craig pays properly! ;)

Chris

jumpman said:
I can only imagine the nightmare that Jackie & Debs have had to deal with since preorders started up until now. They had the whole bank nightmare of 4000 refunds, and reorders plus all the cancellations I'm sure that caused. Plus they have had a full year and a half of cancellations and new orders every week. I personally have had to update my mailing address 2 times, so I can only imigine how many changes, and corrections they have had to keep track of.

They are the real heroes here doing the grunt work. I would estimate they have done the same amount of work as if 10,000+ units had already been made and shipped, as they had to do so many things 2 and 3 times. I'm sure they will be super happy when a regular amount of orders can be filled weekly. Then they won't have to deal with new orders and cancellations all on a regular basis. It all must be a super nightmare for them. Hopefully Craig pays properly! ;)

Chris
ED claimed the delays were costing him 500 EUR a month. I assume that was mainly for storage of the parts at the factory. Presumably this has cost Craig quite a bit more since he's employing Jackie and Debs.

Congratulations. Welcome. I thought it wouldn't be too far off when I ordered last October, but hopefully it'll be around two months for you. No seriously, I really hope this is the last two months.

Neko said:
jumpman said:

Chris
ED claimed the delays were costing him 500 EUR a month. I assume that was mainly for storage of the parts at the factory. Presumably this has cost Craig quite a bit more since he's employing Jackie and Debs.

Well Craig also has his webshop running (and i believe it's running quite well) so the ladies are not exclusively focused on the Pandora. Although a lot of their time will currently be spent on it i presume.

To be honest, most of us here don't have a clue how the financial risk is spread across the team members. And at this point, it's not our business anyway, i think ;)

Edit: But indeed thanks to all of them!!! (guys, gals and other species)

I also ordered just a couple days ago. But unlike Niksta I didn't follow community for months. 3 weeks ago I did know nothing about Open Pandora.
I'm not a type of hard core game player. As a child however, I had a C-64, my neighbor got an Atari 2600 and my cousin owned a Pegasus (hardware clone of NES). I played also some classics on PC when parents bought one.
So as a total console n00b i was looking for some universal portable device, that could run emulators, play movies, display documents etc. At first I checked PSP: looked into specification on wikipedia, read some community sites investigating official and homebrew software capabilities and so on. But all that stuff with cracking, homebrew enablers and firmware versions just made me sick. And while in despair I found a mention about Pandora which with it's fully functional linux-based OS and QWERTY seemed just perfect.

I still have this excitement of a newcomer and hope it won't fall until I have Pandora in my hands. I could hardly imagine what people, who ordered in 2008, been trough and admire those who were into the project from vary first days.

Morn said:
I still have this excitement of a newcomer and hope it won't fall until I have Pandora in my hands. I could hardly imagine what people, who ordered in 2008, been trough and admire those who were into the project from vary first days.
Welcome Morn, good to have another member to the fold.

I've actually been hanging around the Pandora since February of 2008, and the GP2X since back in 2007.

I also ordered on the first day, and I expected some delays, but this was way, way, way longer than I ever thought the wait would be. Hopefully I'll be singing the teams praises within a few weeks.

Chris

Rivroner said:
Niksta, how much cost the console at this moment? Thank you. :)

The price is 330 U.S. Dollars plus shipping (Air Mail or UPS). The sales team accepts payments in either U.S. Dollars or British Pounds (USD330 is approximately GBP230 at the moment), so be sure to check the exchange rate for your currency.

You should also be aware of taxes and customs duties that may apply in your country (e.g. customers living in the U.K. are probably subject to the Value Added Tax).

Back