I Just Tried Rockbox

fluffyhamster

I tried the ipod linux/podxilla and i didn't like it. 6 months later i'm getting sick of dealing with itunes so i tried Rockbox, I think i'm in wub :wub: . But i've got a few questions. Is there a way to bypass directories for songs. I don't want to listen to one section, I want to listen to all my music on shuffle!

fluffyhamster

Yono posted on Oct 9 2006 at 04:09 PM said:
I agree, rockbox kicks some major ass. I dual boot rockbox/original firmware on my iAudio X5. I almost always use rockbox for music though, only for videos do I use OF.

the apple original firmware doesn't actuelly work for me, it freezes in approxomitely 5 seconds. But who needs videos when they have to be MP4?

Last edited by a moderator:

PokeParadox

Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
I'm testing some fresh codecs for Rockbox for hcs.

He's had an ADX codec accepted into CVS. He's also currently making an NSF codec for RB.
It is indeed a funky bit of kit. I believe to play all artists in shuffle play you have 2 main options:
create one folder with all your music in... messy I know

or: create a tag cache... I don't actually know full specifics on that since I'm new to RockBox myself.

fluffyhamster

well i feel stupid, i was in file browser checking everything out. Hit root and boom, it did exactly what i wanted :D . But i have to manually get rid of that ipod_control folder cause there not letting me get rid of it :angry: