I Love Non Working Wifi - Who Else?

In what state do you prefer the wifi to be in when you receive your pandora?

• Fully working. Nothing below that will do.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • An external dongle is just fine for me.

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • As is now - I'd love to try my hacking skills.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • A workaround is ok for now, but eventually it needs to be fully fixed.

Votes: 44 44.0%

• Total voters

hch

no thanks
we sure need a new poll here, don't we?

also, i'd like to shift perspective a bit. the devs should cheer up a little - this is supposed to be a hackers device and i for once would love to get it with non-working wifi just for the opportunity of tinkering around. i'd be happy with the situation as is, without dongle and without offer of free board replacement later. and i am sure, that i'm not alone.

edit: added option as requested by gp32rich

+1

In an act of sympathy, I disassembled my N800 today and removed the Wifi chip with a screwdriver :)

mali said:
+1

In an act of sympathy, I disassembled my N800 today and removed the Wifi chip with a screwdriver :)

:lol: that gives the word solidarity a whole new meaning :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wi-fi not working as it should, use external dongle - end of chat

Yes it is an adverised feature but things like this happen and its just not that important as an external dongle can be used

Since I'm waiting for the 2nd batch anyway, I'm also waiting for full Wi-Fi. It needs to be above Internet speed, too, since I'll be using it on WLAN to transfer prons.

I don't care. It does need to be fixed eventually, but in the meantime...

1) A dongle is fine.
2) No dongle is fine.
3) Botchy connections are fine. I don't plan to do much wireless stuff right away.
4) Proprietary drivers are fine. I'd rather have working wireless than unworking, even if it is a binary blob.

I would suggest that perhaps one of the devs should start a build with a new kernel version. Newer kernels work better with newer wireless drivers, right? It might have other issues, so start early? ;)

Back