I need help!!!PLease help!

chris118

Still Fresh
Ok i just heard about this GP32 today. i was browsing the internet looking for GBA SP when found this thing called GP32. i am shocked at what it can do. my questions are.

Does the screen give off light? so can i play in the dark?

Why are you guys talking about the GBA SP and how you all own one if oyu own a GP32? i thought this thing could emulate GBA games? so is the GBA SP better?

please help!!! i reallly want to get a GP32 but i need to know details first.
and one more question. Is it worth it?

i need info, please answer my questions. Thx

1. The GP32s screen is bigger and brighter than the GBA, and I think the GBA SP as well, but there wont be a backlight for it till April, so you cant really play in the dark

2. The GP32 can emulate GBA games, but the emulator to do so is still in development, as for if the GP32 is better than the GBA SP, it depends on how much of a techie you are, if you want something you can pick up and play go for the GBA SP, if you want something that has a lot of power and potential but requires a bit more patience, get a GP32

The screen is NOT backlit.
As is you can NOT play it in the dark.
BUT : there seems to be an afterburner equivalent in the works...

I have a GBA but only because i'd never heard of the GP32 when i bought my GBA :(
Otherwise i'd never have bought a GBA and Flash Linker.
In my opinion the GP32 is FAR better value for money.

The GBA SP is getting dissed because there seems to be a lot of dodgy units in the first batch (from what i've read). Ranging from faulty buttons/screens to dust being trapped inside the unit obscuring the screen.

In time I reckon the GP32 will be able to emulate a GBA. A GBA is basically a handheld SNES (for want of a better explanation! :D ) and the SNES is emulated on the GP32 right now... (all be it a bit slow, but give it time!)

Think of it this way:
Tally up the cost of a GBA (or GBA SP), a Flash Linker, a blank cart and a cable.

Compare that to the cost of a GP32 and Card.

The GP32 allows you to use standard Smart Media (which is quite cheap) and upload to the Smart Media using just a USB cable (supplied with the GP32).

Go on... you know it makes sense... :lol:

So a light will be coming out. you said it was a back lit light, does that mean i will have to install it myself, because i am ok with that, but does backlit mean it will be like a computer screen? or is t just gonna be an attachment light that shines on my screen?

Thanks for your help on the questions above. please answer this one. thx.

As you choice ! If you buy a GP32 right now you gonna have to install the backlit later yourself (or have to resend your hanheld for the install ) or you just have to a little, www.gbax.com gonna sell pre-backlited GP32... If you remember Game gear Handheld in past, you have a quite good exemple of what "backlit" mean... It's a sort of "second screen" put over the handheld' screen and light is broadcast through it...

Back