I Need Some Answers About The Caanoo Before I Get It.

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
 Hi! Like the title says, I need some details about the Caanoo before I order it.
  • Does the wireless adapter plug directly into the Caanoo, or do you need a cable/adapter?
    You can plug it in the USB port, or use an adapter for the ext port.
  • Where would you plug in the A/V cable?
    The ext port beside the USB port!
  • Can you plug something in via USB and have the A/V cable also plugged in?
    Yes, if you plug the av cable in the ext port, and the device in the USB port.
  • What accessories do you think I should get? I'd need a case and an A/V cable at the least. I don't know about the wireless adapter. I already have an adapter, see below.
  • Standard USB hubs should work, right?
  • Standard USB blue-tooth adapters work, right?
  • Standard USB gamepads work, right?
    If someone makes a program that supports it, like Picodrive on the wiz.
my wireless adapter:

I have a Belkin F5D7050 v3. It says 802.11g - 54 Mbps on the top. It uses a Ralink RT2501USB chipset. It worked on Backtrack 4 without drivers, and Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with drivers.

Anyone out there know if it would work? I guess I might have to test it out but if it doesn't work I will have to make another order for a wireless adapter.

also: how the heck is this a tv-out cable? (check the picture) they must have made a mistake.
http://www.play-asia...en-70-3xuq.html

I see that one of the wireless adapters come with an adapter for the extension port... so that means the Caanoo has two USB ports?

I'm not totally confident in these answers, but I hope it helps a little.
-----------
  • Does the wireless adapter plug directly into the Caanoo, or do you need a cable/adapter?
If it's a USB adapter it'll plug right in to the Caanoo's USB port, no adapters or cables. Whether it's compatible or not, I'm not sure.
If you had a Wiz, then you'd need the adapter.
You mean like the GPH TV-out cable? Either the USB port or the other port next to it.
Can't say, I don't think anyone has the A/V cable yet.
  • What accessories do you think I should get? I'd need a case and an A/V cable at the least. I don't know about the wireless adapter. I already have an adapter, see below.
Well GPH are releasing an official TV-out cable, jelly case and wireless adapter as it is.
I don't know if the Caanoo supports more than one device on a single USB port, I haven't tried.
I don't know about blue-tooth, no idea. I guess someone could make a bluetooth program to take advantage of a bluetooth adapter.
They should do if someone makes software to support it. Picodrive on the Wiz for example has.

RupeeClock said:
I'm not totally confident in these answers, but I hope it helps a little.
-----------
If it's a USB adapter it'll plug right in to the Caanoo's USB port, no adapters or cables. Whether it's compatible or not, I'm not sure.
If you had a Wiz, then you'd need the adapter.
You mean like the GPH TV-out cable? Either the USB port or the other port next to it.
Can't say, I don't think anyone has the A/V cable yet.
  • What  accessories do you think I should get? I'd need a case and an A/V cable  at the least. I don't know about the wireless adapter. I already have  an adapter, see below.
Well GPH are releasing an official TV-out cable, jelly case and wireless adapter as it is.
I don't know if the Caanoo supports more than one device on a single USB port, I haven't tried.
I don't know about blue-tooth, no idea. I guess someone could make a bluetooth program to take advantage of a bluetooth adapter.
They should do if someone makes software to support it. Picodrive on the Wiz for example has.

Thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to wait until at least September before I get my Caanoo... to get more details on it, and to wait for more software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back