I need to learn to make a website/ need a website.

vadsamoht

Norally, I'd be the first to recommend learning html and css, and making your site that way, but I think Gruso's recommendation numer 1 is probably the closest to what you are looking for, simply because from what you are saying it sounds like you only have a limited knowledge of how to build a website from scratch (aplogies if I am wrong).

That said, you can just point a custom domain to a weebly account, which would also serve your purpose, instructions are here. For acctually buying the name istelf (which you *will not* be able to get around if you want to avoid being yourSiteName.someOtherSite.com) I would personally recommend GoDaddy because even though I hate their excessive advertising and slightly higher prices (they are usually a dollar or two more expensive than their competitors), you get the assurances that go with choosing a big-name company (GoDaddy is the market leader in domain registration at the moment) and because a large number of people use it, it will be easier to get help if you have any problems.

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
I can recommend Namecheap. Switched to them because of the pro-SOPA stuff godaddy was spewing (namecheap is explicitly and vocally against such things). Also I didn't like godaddy's spamming habits (not a single spam so far with namecheap). Even further I severly dislike godaddy's domain management interface and the fact that you can't actually delete your account from their systems when you leave. Sorry for the rant-y tone, but I have bad experiences with godaddy and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.