I think Craig has a plan

marovada

I received this today:

Hello, Craig here,

As a previous Pandora customer we thought you might like to know you can now trade in your
old Pandora towards a new 1Ghz+ unit.

The new 1Ghz+ model is an all round upgraded Pandora, it's about twice as fast as the
original.

It has an updated, more robust case
It has a new 1Ghz CPU (Overclockable)
It has 512MB of RAM
It has a much faster GPU
It still has the amazing 10-15hours battery life
Plus there are numerous new small fixes & features.

Top level emulators really fly now - PSX, N64, PC (up to Pentium emulation), MAME,
Amiga1200 - as well as Android games (you can run Android now) such as GTA3 & Max Payne -
with real controls - the extra power of the new Pandora is superb.

All together it makes it an emulation powerhouse as well as opening up Android as an
alternative OS.

See the emulation/gaming compilation video on our new homepage here:

http://openpandora.org

Want to upgrade? The RRP for the 1Ghz unit is $699 but if you return your old unit
it's just $349.

All we ask is your old Pandora still boots and works (Damage to the LCD, nubs, controls,
keymat dosen't matter, we will still take it).

This offer is only available for a short time to give our previous customers the option
to upgrade their unit.

We reserve the right to remove this offer if we run out of new units (but we will try to
keep it going as long as possible), ideally let us know as soon as possible if you want to
upgrade by just replying to this email.

Thanks,

Craig & the OP Team

The complete omission of desktop stuff it depressing.

We've got Firefox! VLC! A full Qwerty keyboard!

Still, interesting email - nice to see that Craig is still alive:)

[Original text removed - looks like I should check what's actually on EDs order pages first...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suspicion that seen as this is the same offer eds site has had for a while now the units will get forwarded to dragonbox.de and it will be eds store which upgrades the units or swaps them for 1ghz units.  Nether the less nice to see yet more updates from Craig that's the ICP site Facebook and email over the last few days, hopefully he can maintain the renewed emphasis on communication. Hope we see you on the boards again in the future your posts are genious for getting member talking. And hopefully once everything takes off and orders have caught up, like everyone had hoped for you can come back and give a big F you to all that mad mouth you.

I received the same email today.

Ironically, I ordered a 1Ghz unit from ED on Friday :p

Got the email as well, Nothing is new outside of the fact he's letting people that has a CC unit know of the upgrade option. I however plan on keeping my CC and rebirth unit and just by a 1GHz outright..

Got the email as well, Nothing is new outside of the fact he's letting people that has a CC unit know of the upgrade option. I however plan on keeping my CC and rebirth unit and just by a 1GHz outright..
Was the upgrade option also a trade-in for customers who already have a Pandora?

The trade-in offer exists in my shop for a while already.
This is a neat email to let existing customers know they can do that.

Yeah I got this email as well, though I'm not entirely sure why considering I didn't even receive the last 1Ghz I paid $700 to Craig for (had to cross-update with Ed). Does he think I'm that stupid to try again with him?

Piss off.

Does someone want to buy a Pandora with a broken L button and LCD cable in order to send it in and upgrade to a fully functional 1Ghz?

Craig (OP Ltd.) might have asked the question, but all upgrades are done at the reliable ED dragonbox (OP GmbH) shop, so no worries

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/27-main-consoles-and-upgrades This is the upgrade site @ ED's shop.

Classic → Rebirth 113,45 € (~USD 149.55)

Classic → 1GHz     264,71 € (~USD 348.94)  ← EDIT: New lower price :)

Rebirth → 1GHz   151,26 € (~USD 199.39)

Edit: there now is a dropdown menu option of "keep old case" or changing case along with the upgrade for the low price of 12.61€ :)

Screen LCD ribbon cable will most likely be changed free of cost for the new and improved Japanese one.

I suspect you could ask to have the exchanged cable and/or case added to your return shipment for sentimental value.

Edit2: Also check out the replacement parts and accessories

I'd perhaps do it if I didn't very much need to keep my Pandora right now :/

Didn't get the e-mail though! Maybe it's because I transferred from someone else's spot at Craig's shop..

Is craig (OP Ltd.) asking to take both money and console in return for promises of new console?

The email is fairly vague on how to upgrade, it only points you to the main page and only Evil Dragon's and Link's shops show on this page.

i've a "premium" CC pandora bought from ed. i think i'm also allowed to upgrade to either rebirth or ghz?

Is craig (OP Ltd.) asking to take both money and console in return for promises of new console?

The email is fairly vague on how to upgrade, it only points you to the main page and only Evil Dragon's and Link's shops show on this page.
It only says to reply to the email if you want to upgrade, so how they intend to handle that is completely obscure. 

I would hope that they either intend on redirecting people to ED's shop or have set up a drop-shipping arrangement with ED,  but there's no way to know unless someone who responds to the email shares the reply.

- Neelix

EDIT:  unless of course ED can clear things up or Craigix puts in an appearance to do so himself,  though I expect the chances of the latter are almost non-existent...

Has anyone replied this mail? If so what did you get in reply? A paypal account or a link to dragonbox.de/ithic.com and a thank you?

ED, did you know about this offer? The mail was signed by 'Craig & the OP Team' so it's you too.

ED or anyone with board super-power: Could you please put a banner on top of boards.openpandora.org letting at least forum members know about how to upgrade through ithic or dragonbox?

Back