Release I understand this pandora is a linux device...

boxybox

Still Fresh
... so let see how it can let us administer our daily dose of linux.

I hereby announce the topic to talk about "software to make the pandora an ideal device for your linux habits and practical ways to use the pandora in a linux environment" (name subject to change) open !

I'm opening this thread with a word about virtualization and the pandora:

I understand that the pandora doesn't fall into the able-to-run-virtualization-software kind of hardware, but it can be used to display a remotely run software, hence a virtualization software. Some would prefer of vnc, other taking into account the wireless nature of the pandora will prefer using ssh to forward X windows, from my own usage tests my favourite piece of software to do remote work with X apps on my linuxbox is the nx suite from nomachine.
I don't know if there's a project to offer nx capabilities to the pandora, if you know about one, let us know.
Also you can share here about ways of using the pandora as a remote screen for your box

That's for the running virtualization software with a pandora, now about virtualizing a pandora, I have no clue about the technical aspect of this matter so I may be speaking total nonsense but is there a way to have a virtualization software such as say virtualbox to emulate pandora hardware so as to let us try tinkering with the software part of the pandora, it would also provide visibility to the device and serve as a way to demo the device capacities. In the event of unreasonable requirements to get the emulating part, it would still be nice to provide a preconfigured way of simulating the pandora experience, this would allow for a smoother experience of going from being curious about the device to I've made myself an idea of its capabilities from interacting with the software and it cleared my hesitation.

You are currently more likely to get responses on gp32x.de/board as it is more active at the moment.

Sorry not to answer your question but I know virtually nothing about virtualization or virtualizing, although I am sure the latter got a negative some time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there are any intimidate plans to merge the boards. It may never happen. If you want the info you're really best off using the other forums.

Back