I Want One

jdbye

I really want one, I just wish they weren't so damn hard to get a hold of... :(
Been following the Pandora since the beginning, but with delays and such, I held off on preordering, plus I wanted to see what emulator performance and the OS would be like, well I've seen all that and it looks amazing, now I just need to get one.
Any idea on when preorders are opening again? Though, it would be optimal if it didn't have to be preordered before you could produce it. But I guess you don't have the budget for that just yet... I don't want to wait until you do :p

Also, if anyone is posting Pandora videos on Youtube, post your channel, I want more videos!

Well, this link seems to indicate that people aren't willing to buy at double the price any more, or maybe the UK only shipping was the problem.

If you need a Pandora ... if no one else can help ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can buy from ... The Assembly Team.

Mr.Confuzed said:
Well, this link seems to indicate that people aren't willing to buy at double the price any more, or maybe the UK only shipping was the problem.
I'm pretty sure the problem with that auction was that it started too high. If it had started at the regular price, it would have gone up eventually. People are really weird like that. They'll pay a high price after it's come up from low price, but rarely go directly in for the high price. I've been to real life auctions and seen it happen. It's a bizarre phenomenon to watch someone you know to be intelligent continue to bid on something long after it's gone above what you both know the price should have ended at. And the reason is usually "well, it was just a little bit higher than I originally wanted to pay for it, so I figured I'd go for it. And then it was just a little bit higher still. And then just a little bit higher."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that's down to the crappy listing, bad picture and low feedback.. I am surprised it didn't sell though TBH

The person selling it clearly didn't make an effort on the listing.

If I had the money I would have bought it for my girlfriend

Edit: Link for lot's of Youtube videos :) If your desperate and could pay up to 499 I would E-mail the seller of this ended auction and make an offer. I believe Craigix one of the creators confirmed it's authenticity

Mr.Confuzed said:

If you need a Pandora ... if no one else can help ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can buy from ... The Assembly Team.
Well, I wouldn't buy at double the price either, my wallet might be able to handle it (barely) but I wouldn't have much money left over. eBay prices are probably still going to be rather high - not sure if it's worth paying that much more to not have to wait. I might buy one off ebay if it's not ridiculously more expensive than preordering - but remembering the Wii launch, Wiis sold for twice the retail price online.

Some of those eBay Pandoras are directly from Craig (the one nub pandoras IIRC).
They sell them to get extra cash to cover the production cost.

@Wizard
Yeah, but I still wanted to buy it. I even asked if I could get a discount with my preorder slot, but ebay probably blocked that message.

In retrospect, I'm glad I couldn't buy it. I would have been ripped off and it wouldn't have arrived any sooner.

@mvickers
That's the same item. Did my link tell you that I was selling it? I have no feedback.

@Jdbye: I think one just sold for 330 pounds, so I'd keep an eye out.

Another problem with ordering from eBay is that it seems like 2/3 of the sellers don't ship internationally - makes it considerably harder to get something that's already rare. For example, this guy only ships to US - and it's the only current auction I found for a Pandora.

KodeIn said:
Some of those eBay Pandoras are directly from Craig (the one nub pandoras IIRC).
They sell them to get extra cash to cover the production cost.
I'm a bit confused about the one nubbers, the obvious answer is that they only have 1 nub, but why? Didn't they have enough nubs?

Jdbye said:
I'm a bit confused about the one nubbers, the obvious answer is that they only have 1 nub, but why? Didn't they have enough nubs?
Nah, they have 2, but one nub didn't pass the quality checks for various reasons. Sometimes people are able to fix it by some cleaning or so, see the One Nub Club topic for more info about that.

@Mr.confuzed no it didn't are you trying to be sarcastic? I was trying to help the original poster

Letalis Sonus said:
Jdbye said:
Nah, they have 2, but one nub didn't pass the quality checks for various reasons. Sometimes people are able to fix it by some cleaning or so, see the One Nub Club topic for more info about that.
Oh, that makes sense. Though, if I bought a one nubber and cleaning it didn't help, I'd basically have a crippled console. I guess it wouldn't matter much in emulators though, N64 games can't use the analog and d-pad at the same time, and PSX games (at least all that I've tried) don't require the analog sticks. Which nub is broken, or is it random? As long as the left nub works I could live with a one nubber.

Wooo! I got an email about Batch 2 from Debs as well. :D Ordering my Pandora now!

And, hi there. :) My first post.

mali said:
^ Welcome to the boards :)
Can you post a copy of that mail please?
^ What he said. Though, I might be moving soon - if I preorder, can I change my shipping address later?

Jdbye said:
^ What he said. Though, I might be moving soon - if I preorder, can I change my shipping address later?

Yes, you can!

Looks like Craig's plan to start the second batch smoothly has been busted lol

mali said:
^ Welcome to the boards :)
Can you post a copy of that mail please?
Sure:
Hi,

You can now place a pre-order for the Second batch release of the
Pandora. The expected release date is October. It is possible that you
will get your Pandora sooner than this as there are a limited number
of places left in Batch 1.'

Ordering from Batch 2 is the only way to be guaranteed of receiving a
Pandora before Christmas.

Updates on the progress will be posted, as available, on our website
Developer Blog/Current Status and the Pandora forums at www.gp32x.de.

The Pandora includes a battery, power adaptor and stylus and has a 12
month warranty. It is built in England.

Please forward your full name and address, so we are able to generate
an order number for you. Payment is by credit card via Google
checkout. Other payment options are available on request - Bank
Transfer/Cheque/Money order.

Please confirm the items you wish to purchase and the shipping method
- if outside the UK. We will then forward a Google Checkout request
for payment.

Thanks
Debs

USD PRICE

Pandora - $349

Accessories:
TV Out - $21.99
Carry Case - $21.99
Battery - $30.99
Power Adaptor - $14.99
Stylus - $8.00
Dev Fund donation - $20

Air Mail shipping - $25
UPS 24/48 hr shipping - $49
Everything on the level there?

Thanks Abanest :)

Here is a copy from the German boards including prices in other currencies

Hi,

You can now place a pre-order for the Second batch release of the
Pandora. The expected release date is October. It is possible that you
will get your Pandora sooner than this as there are a limited number
of places left in Batch 1.'

Ordering from Batch 2 is the only way to be guaranteed of receiving a
Pandora before Christmas.

Updates on the progress will be posted, as available, on our website
Developer Blog/Current Status and the Pandora forums at http://www.gp32x.de.

The Pandora includes a battery, power adaptor and stylus and has a 12
month warranty. It is built in England.

Please forward your full name and address, so we are able to generate
an order number for you. Payment is by credit card via Google
checkout. Other payment options are available on request - Bank
Transfer/Cheque/Money order.

Please confirm the items you wish to purchase and the shipping method
- if outside the UK. We will then forward a Google Checkout request
for payment.

Thanks
Debs

USD PRICE

Pandora - $349

Accessories:
TV Out - $21.99
Carry Case - $21.99
Battery - $30.99
Power Adaptor - $14.99
Stylus - $8.00
Dev Fund donation - $20

Air Mail shipping - $25
UPS 24/48 hr shipping - $49

UK GBP PRICE

Pandora - £279.99 (includes VAT)

Accessories:
TV Out - £14.99
Carry Case - £14.99
Battery - £21.99
Power Adaptor - £9.99
Stylus - £5.50
Dev Fund donation - £10

UPS/Special Delivery shipping £8.00 (UK)

EURO PRICE

Pandora - 340.99€ (includes VAT)

Accessories:
TV Out - 18.50€
Carry Case - 18.50€
Battery - 26.75€
Power Adaptor - 12.50€
Stylus - 6.70€
Dev Fund donation - 15.00€

Air Mail Shipping - 17.56€
UPS 24/48 Hr - 36.97€