iControlPad or Pandora

Ian J

Advanced Member
I've been following the Pandora for quite a while but now own an android phone which covers most of the uses I wanted the Pandora for, emulators & retro gaming. The only thing missing for me from my android phone that the Pandora offers are the controls which is why I'm now tempted by the iControlPad over the Pandora.

Is there anyone that has tried both the Pandora and the iControlPad on android that can give me their opinion on them.

I have tried neither yet, but keep in mind that you can fold the Pandora closed, and put it on your pocket.. I don't think you can get a phone with an iControlPad in your pocket :p

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same dilemma and went with the pandora and have no regrets. Since I would've had it along with my iPhone, I didn't want to constantly set up (case, Bluetooth, etc) when I wanted a phone, then gaming device, then iOS device again...

I have both, and by far the Pandora is superlative. Well, the iCP is really, really great too, don't get me wrong - its definitely a very pleasurable play experience.

But the Pandora has a lot more going for it. Its not Android, and thats really the point. A fully open platform is going to get more 'kooky' things to run on it, so if you pay more attention, it may be more than just an emu machine ..

The pandora is like netbook in your pocket plus you have great gaming controls and can connect mouse,keyboard,hdd,flashdrive, i got see a phone doing all that,no way smart phones are like pandora.

Good thing about pandora is so comfortable to play games on it,look the state of phones touch screen,no gaming controls,no usb connectivity,small screens and not comfortable to play games on it.

I would say pandora are compareable to most umpc,netbook,laptop in terms of hardware and quality emulators and freeware pc games.

The icontrolpad is great item but the gaming controls of pandora are far better and are the best of any handheld gaming device ever plus thumbsticks are outstanding.

You know, the iControlpad use the same nubs, d-pad and buttons as those in the Pandora
laugh.gif

So the gaming controls have the same quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back