If I Ordered Today

d3ath_2_all

Still Fresh
Hey, I created this account specifically for this purpose. I have recently come accross the pandora through a friend and for that reason i am very late on the scene. As soon as i saw it, i wanted one and for that reason my question is this:

If i ordered one today, how long would i have to wait before i would approx recieve it? Or is it even possible to order one because i ahve read somewere there is a final limit of 4000?

Thanks, Ian

youd get yours sometime next year, preorderes for 2nd batch should start around september/october last i heard

craigix said:
You will, the first batch is sold out. Batch two is looking like August/Sept, there probably won't be much of a break in shipping between batch1 and batch2. We have started ordering the parts already, we will explain when you can order from batch2 soon.

Then batch 3 will probably follow on for Christmas.

It's all going at 1000MPH here suddenly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet is to see if you can still get in on the first batch by Emailing openpandorasales@gmail.com

If you can the popular internet meme suggests "2 months" will be your wait, but it could quite possibly vary.

Thanks for the quick replies. I have emailed that address just incase but i am not too hopeful. Were would it be announced for batch 2 orders? Just so i can keep a check so i dont miss it.

Many thanks

Ian Caunce said:
Thanks for the quick replies. I have emailed that address just incase but i am not too hopeful. Were would it be announced for batch 2 orders? Just so i can keep a check so i dont miss it.

Many thanks
You should receive an email, but I would just keep checking here also.
And welcome.

Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:

Many thanks
And welcome.

Recieve one simply by becoming a member of this forum?

I think he means announcements regarding Batch 2, or any other pertinent information about the Pandora, will probably show up here.

Also, you should follow the aggregator that gathers the posts/tweets/etc. that the Open Pandora Team (or OPT if you will, you'll see that acronym a lot) makes, so you can keep track of any information they're putting out:

http://alec.mooo.com/lol/cxs.php

Alerino said:
no, dude, a few pre-orderers are still asking for refunds, so a place in the 1st batch might just be there for you, cross fingers... welcome

Ahhhh thanks. Fingers crossed i might get on there. I sent an email requesting a pre order to both gp2xorders@gmail.com and openpandorasales@gmail.com

Ian Caunce said:
Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:

Many thanks
And welcome.

When you emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com they will say that they'll inform you when batch 2 starts pre-order or if any becomes available.
But it is worth keeping an eye on the forum regardless, and it will also mean your kept up to date with what's going on, and know all the things your bound to want to ask just by following the community.
You can join the fun.... :huh: :lol:

Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:
Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:

Many thanks
And welcome.

When you emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com they will say that they'll inform you when batch 2 starts pre-order or if any becomes available.
But it is worth keeping an eye on the forum regardless, and it will also mean your kept up to date with what's going on, and know all the things your bound to want to ask just by following the community.
You can join the fun.... :huh: :lol:

Will do from now on. Like i said i was new to this as of a few days ago

Ian Caunce said:
Out of curiosity, what do you want to use it for, any particular emulator etc?

Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:

Mainly snes and sega mega drive. I used to have both as a kid and miss playing them. I know both can be emulated on the ds or the pc but i would like to have a linux based handheld as it would be much more versatile. Also, wouldn't mind playing a few old ps1 games on a handheld. Hogs of war was epic aswel as the old worms and mgs ect

Ian Caunce said:
Na-Noo said:
Ian Caunce said:

Mainly snes and sega mega drive. I used to have both as a kid and miss playing them. I know both can be emulated on the ds or the pc but i would like to have a linux based handheld as it would be much more versatile. Also, wouldn't mind playing a few old ps1 games on a handheld. Hogs of war was epic aswel as the old worms and mgs ect

I don't mean to steer you away from the Pandora by any means, but I figure if you're new to Pandora you may be new to other handhelds as well. The Dingoo and the Wiz both do a great job with Sega Mega Drive, and an okay job with SNES. Personally, the SNES performance isn't good enough for me, since you need to use frameskip set to 1 or 2. Neither of them do PSX very well though. However, they do both cost a significant amount less (Wiz is $160 I believe, and the Dingoo is $80).

I have a Dingoo, but I want the Pandora because the SNES performance isn't that great on the Dingoo (the Dingoo just isn't powerful enough, though SiENCE has done a great job adding compatibility for all the special SNES games). Also, Pandora will definitely have fullspeed SNES, and the stuff people have been showing from MAME has looked amazing, even though the current release is completely unoptimized. PSX will definitely work on Pandora. DOSBox will be great with the keyboard. ScummVM will be great with the touchscreen, and it'll be powerful enough for Curse of Monkey Island. Dreamcast is a possibility (though it's probably limited). PSP is a very remote possibility. Then, with the wi-fi and Linux, there's not a whole lot you won't be able to do. The small form factor and great battery life is another huge plus.

Just figured you should be informed.

quadomatic said:
I don't mean to steer you away from the Pandora by any means, but I figure if you're new to Pandora you may be new to other handhelds as well. The Dingoo and the Wiz both do a great job with Sega Mega Drive, and an okay job with SNES. Personally, the SNES performance isn't good enough for me, since you need to use frameskip set to 1 or 2. Neither of them do PSX very well though. However, they do both cost a significant amount less (Wiz is $160 I believe, and the Dingoo is $80).

I have a Dingoo, but I want the Pandora because the SNES performance isn't that great on the Dingoo (the Dingoo just isn't powerful enough, though SiENCE has done a great job adding compatibility for all the special SNES games). Also, Pandora will definitely have fullspeed SNES, and the stuff people have been showing from MAME has looked amazing, even though the current release is completely unoptimized. PSX will definitely work on Pandora. DOSBox will be great with the keyboard. ScummVM will be great with the touchscreen, and it'll be powerful enough for Curse of Monkey Island. Dreamcast is a possibility (though it's probably limited). PSP is a very remote possibility. Then, with the wi-fi and Linux, there's not a whole lot you won't be able to do. The small form factor and great battery life is another huge plus.

Just figured you should be informed.

Ahhhh thanks for the information but that also just reminded me of another reason why i wanted the pandora; for Dosbox. I used to play a very old game called dungeon keeper. I must have completed it 15+ times. Loved every second of it. I would love to be able to play it on a handheld!

That's true. Tbh it would be a long shot that it did but i dunno. I think i would rather wait for someting which maybe able to run it then someting which wouldnt. + the fact it can play psx games is a major bonus.

I think I'm in the same boat as Ian, I only recently heard about the Pandora but after comparing it to other devices I knew this was the one for me. What set it apart from say, the Wiz or the Dingoo, for me is the performance of the 16 bit systems, the bigger screen, and internal wi-fi. Anyway, I'll probably be lurking these forums for awhile growing increasingly jealous of those that already own one.

I'm interested in the Pandora, but I'm not sure I want to jump in on the first run of it. Plus, I'm not sure how to order it when I do want it.

You wont make the first batch anyway. Sold out.
This thread should give you the information you need ;)

Back