I'm Confused By Some Informations

ahahah

hello

according to this post http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45056-increase-in-2nd-batch-price-more-likely/page__st__15__p__665079&#entry665079

at the 2nd batch the price of pandoras will be $339 (with upgraded ram and nand),
i have ordered a pandora for the 1st batch at the price of $330...

so is it better to cancel my order and wait the 2nd batch?
a difference of 9 $ for a better hardware is preferable, isn't it?

thanks for answers

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... You DO realize that the post you are referencing about batch 2 is over a year old, right? I wouldn't call anything about batch 2 pricing as 'firm' until they actually start taking orders for batch 2 units.

As far as I know, batch 2 hardware specs are going to be the same as batch 1 hardware specs. Batch 1 got the increased RAM and NAND.

That post is horribly old - the first batch will have the upgraded RAM and NAND, too. Also, the second batch probably won't be $339 anymore because of inflation, recession, etc.

All retail Pandoras first and second batches will have the 256 RAM/512 NAND.

ok ok

excuse me.
i'm very late lol^^

sorry for my question

All said, I commend you for doing some amount of research before posting, and then not proceeding to ask if the Pandora will let you bake sponge cakes better than regular ovens.

darien said:
All said, I commend you for doing some amount of research before posting, and then not proceeding to ask if the Pandora will let you bake sponge cakes better than regular ovens.
Crap.
Ask and get an answer. No need to parse through 2 years of off topic shit, imo.

BUT Craig DID mention recently that the 2nd batch will be more expensive. He is not completely wrong. I would also like to know the price (guesstimate) as I want one for my wife to replace the DS.

If I recall correctly Craig mentioned something about losing $20-30 dollars per Pandora, so they're selling them at below cost price (this figure could be less, I just remember the ball park) to get to break even they'd need to charge that on top of the $330 for Batch 1, and to make a profit they'd need to charge more than that.

ahahah said:
hello

according to this post http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45056-increase-in-2nd-batch-price-more-likely/page__st__15__p__665079&#entry665079

at the 2nd batch the price of pandoras will be $339 (with upgraded ram and nand),

thanks for answers
Around that time of the post they had just decided to put 256MB of RAM and 512MB of NAND, because originally the Pandora was only to have 128MB of RAM and 256MB of NAND. Here's the post "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" Dated Nov. 6 2008. :ph34r:

Dead1nside said:
If I recall correctly Craig mentioned something about losing $20-30 dollars per Pandora, so they're selling them at below cost price (this figure could be less, I just remember the ball park) to get to break even they'd need to charge that on top of the $330 for Batch 1, and to make a profit they'd need to charge more than that.

The bit about losing $20-30 on each Pandora from the first batch probably (and hopefully) includes all R&D and setting up of manufacturing costs (such as mould costs). With the second batch they should start to recoup some of their losses from the first batch even if they sold it at the same price, but since it is unknown how long interest in the Pandora would continue they should charge a bit more for the second batch while it is still in demand.

darien said:

+1

mali said:
darien said:
Crap.

-God Ginrai

Gruso said:
I think the price increase information is still correct.

I would agree. I don't expect the increase to be a significant percentage. It's probably safe to assume the original indicated $9USD or more. I can't see them making an increase at a lower amount than had already been suggested.

God Ginrai said:
mali said:
darien said:
Crap.

-God Ginrai
I agree. I mean, why SHOULDN'T he have to spend half an hour looking through misleading information that people will have to correct him on anyway?

Chest Rockwell said:
God Ginrai said:
mali said:
darien said:
Crap.

-God Ginrai
I agree. I mean, why SHOULDN'T he have to spend half an hour looking through misleading information that people will have to correct him on anyway?

I'm sorry that you are unacquainted with the concept of skimming. I wasn't insulting the OP; He did things right. I was trying to show my distaste for the concept of no searching.

-God Ginrai

#1 GameMaster said:
ahahah said:
hello

thanks for answers
Around that time of the post they had just decided to put 256MB of RAM and 512MB of NAND, because originally the Pandora was only to have 128MB of RAM and 256MB of NAND. Here's the post "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" Dated Nov. 6 2008. :ph34r:
Well, here is the actual first post:

craigix said:
I, personally, have every faith in your ability to deal with the situation. But, as confirmed by the fuss over the Paypal situation, a little bit of bad news is enough to cause a huge amount of fuss and negative feeling. And that was even when all the information on the issue was readily available.

Alas for a small company like ours who have no loans or debts banks just are not interested in us - well most banks...

Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe 2 rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available 5 months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last 6 weeks? Maybe Baby.

Silver lining in everything.

Back