I'm new, I'm french, I need infos :)

delicator

Still Fresh
Hello all !

First, I'm french, and my english is sometimes poor, sorry for that.

Is any other french in here ?

I've take a look to pandora project some times ago, not sure, 6 months, one year, i can't remember.

I look dingoo two day's ago, and I search more about, click by click I found Openpandora, and, i remember my first impression : Wow ! (no not World of warcraft, just O My god !)

I read FAQ, website etc... And on website, I read, 7 days for shipping pandora, but, on one site, no pandora in stock, and on the other, can add pandora to the cart.

I read the blog, for news about production, and, waiting and patience is requiere.

Now Questions ! :)

1 _ can I buy openpandora Today and have in 7 day's on my desk ?

2 _ If no, what can i buy one ? I see number of pandora in production, are they all already sell ?

3 _ I have nokia xpressmusic 6500, some of you use it to synchronise with pandora ? perhaps on new version of nokia os ?

4 _ Is an openpandora or just a pandora ?

5 _ no ethernet connection ? Have you try ethernet card usb ? Sometimes for my job I need a wired connection

6 _ I see debian run on sdcard, can i have basic pandora os and debian on sdcard ? And, remove the sd card to user normal os ? And, can i have several sdcard with different os ?

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Is any other french in here ?
We are quiet a few around here yes ;)

That's possible for 500$+shipping.

2 _ If no, what can i buy one ? I see number of pandora in production, are they all already sell ?
First batch (current production) is sold out. Batch 2 is still open for order.

5 _ no ethernet connection ? Have you try ethernet card usb ? Sometimes for my job I need a wired connection
USB net is working. I guess some kind of usb-ethernet converter should work

6 _ I see debian run on sdcard, can i have basic pandora os and debian on sdcard ? And, remove the sd card to user normal os ? And, can i have several sdcard with different os ?
Exactly ;)

- They ship in 7 days, you may have to wait longer (being in france)

3 _ I have nokia xpressmusic 6500, some of you use it to synchronise with pandora ? perhaps on new version of nokia os ?
you will be able to use it to move music and such around i.e as a mass storage device but not sync messages and such

I believe the device is the pandora and the company is openpandora ( i may be wrong)

Yes Usb-> ethernet cards work, you just need to make sure drivers are available for the one you want.

6 _ I see debian run on sdcard, can i have basic pandora os and debian on sdcard ? And, remove the sd card to user normal os ?

And, can i have several sdcard with different os ?
yes you can, if there is a sd card in with autoboot.txt on it will boot from that if not boots from NAND

Welcome to the boards,

Edit:ninja'd changed mine to be nicer like sebts

Thanks !
1. Probably. Email sales@openpanora.org

2. See 1.

3. Probably. If it can be used in Mass Storage Device mode. Not a problem.

4. OpenPandora is the name of the company. Pandora is the name of the device.

5. Yes. I use a Linksys usb to Ethernet dongle frequently with no problems.

6. Yes. Yes. Yes.

That's possible for 500$+shipping.

First batch (current production) is sold out. Batch 2 is still open for order.

USB net is working. I guess some kind of usb-ethernet converter should work

Exactly ;)

Awesome for debian on sdcard, I think, myeeepc is definitly out, and go on ebay ^^

I think, sometimes i'm dumb :)

But, if first batch is sold out, it's mean, no (first batch) pandora in stock, and second batch is not ready to sell (no all stuff are ok, and no pandora are assembled).

How it's possible to have one in 7 day ?

For the french part, I see in website, button for the qwerty little keyboard, have you try to use french layout keybord and change the button to avez azerty ? or another like bepo ?

I take a look on ebay, and found this :

It's not weird ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/16gb-sd-card-open-pandora-consoles-enjoy-games-/200581819130?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item2eb39baafa

you will be able to use it to move music and such around i.e as a mass storage device but not sync messages and such

It's in this way I ask, for synchro of contact, message, task.

I'v tryed one with ubuntu, and, didn't work

Welcome to the boards,

thanks !

edit: just send an email to sales@ to have precisions

Bienvenu sur le forum :)

The ordering info are here: http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=34&lang=en

There are two reseller one in Germany and one in the UK... it doesn't really change anything where you order.

Basically you can have one now (shipped within 7days) for 440 EUR (including taxes) + shipping. Otherwise you can wait until the end of batch 2 but that will take some time. The current price is quite high... basically you're paying a "premium" for not having pre-ordered it before and also with the delay and some production problems it tuned out the initial price was too low. Turns out it's not cheap for a small company to produce a device like the Pandora.

If it support mass storage it should be recognize by connecting it to the pandora USB port but that will probably be it. I don't thin there is much you will be able to do in term of synchronisation (unless there is a linux software for it that you could potentially run on the Pandora...)

USB to Ethernet adapter will work if it's supported by the OS. It will then show up in the network manager.

There is compatibility list on the wiki: http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list

Obviously the list is by no mean exhaustive but there are quite a few listed.

Yes you can either boot from SDCARD or from the internal memory. It's an option when you boot.

It's definitely fishy and just stupid. 160GBP for a SDCARD with software ?!

If all the software on the SDCARD is under a licenece that permit selling for a profit (GPL...) then it should be legal (if access to all the source code is possible). What's probably happening is that is contains a lot of roms and other software over which the seller has no right to resell.

Anyway it's pretty easy to install emulator on get everything set-up. You really would have to be desperate to buy this IMHO.

Back