I'm seeking permission from myself to buy another one.

Tenka

Snakes and Fish
I'm a little nervous about asking this question because I can imagine very bad reactions of other customers, but this idea is the most feelgood possibility for me I can think of.  What if, as a Craigix preorderer who is waiting in the 1GHz list, I buy another Pandora from EvilDragon, and then ask Craigix to allocate the money I have already given him (virtual or not) into purchasing a Pandora 2 from him, whenever it comes out?  I will thus take advantage of the $90 off deal EvilDragon is allowing, refrain from trying to take money back from Craigix, not lose any of the credit of my previous purchases by cross-upgrading again, and become the first paid preorderer of the Pandora 2, plus or minus however much to equal the actual cost once it is available.

I think theorizing about this here is wiser than asking Craig in his question forum at this time.

Just get it from ED's shop, and forget P2 as it's not even a prototype.

Yeah, if you can wait for the money a bit, just buy a new one from ed and write to craig, that you want a refund for your previous order.

Yeah, if you can wait for the money a bit, just buy a new one from ed and write to craig, that you want a refund for your previous order.
I don't want to dick that much of a dick, though.  As I am still one of them myself, I don't want to be another who gives up at the expense of those who do not.

Go with your plan . I like it . Should be economically viable .

I'm a little nervous about asking this question because I can imagine very bad reactions of other customers, but this idea is the most feelgood possibility for me I can think of. What if, as a Craigix preorderer who is waiting in the 1GHz list, I buy another Pandora from EvilDragon, and then ask Craigix to allocate the money I have already given him (virtual or not) into purchasing a Pandora 2 from him
Where is the money for the Pandora 2 supposed to come from, in your plan?

I don't want to dick that much of a dick, though.  As I am still one of them myself, I don't want to be another who gives up at the expense of those who do not.
As long as Craig isn't open about his debts and how he thinks he can solve it I don't see any reason not to cancel. It could very well be a lost cause already. There is a high risk you will never see your money again. 

Personally I think a bankruptcy will be the best scenario right now. A lot of people will be hurt by that, but at least there is clarity then. Someone should claim it if Craig doesn't show his face here anymore.    

Pretty sure the community can help the people that lost their money by donating their old Pandora or money. 

This situation is damaging the community and ED. This is like a band-aid that should be ripped off. It will hurt a bit, but it needs to be done to heal the wound.   

I'm a little nervous about asking this question because I can imagine very bad reactions of other customers, but this idea is the most feelgood possibility for me I can think of. What if, as a Craigix preorderer who is waiting in the 1GHz list, I buy another Pandora from EvilDragon, and then ask Craigix to allocate the money I have already given him (virtual or not) into purchasing a Pandora 2 from him
Where is the money for the Pandora 2 supposed to come from, in your plan?
I do not know, and that is a good question.  Even if I own debt with Craigix, that doesn't give him the means of making anything.  But I believe he still plans on creating a Pandora 2, he's talked about it so much.

If Craig would be involved in creating a P2 I wouldn't chip in a cent, having seen how he handled problems in the last 3 years up until now...

try to get a refund and buy a 1GHz Unit from a trustworthy enthusiast: ED!

Craig might be able to design a decent product (although not really what I'd like)

He can probably sell it,

But given the history of the iCP2, it will be a completely closed process with huge delays.

I'd trust ED to get the P2 right, and to respect the views of the community in the process.

Craig might avoid hard questions and informs not so much, but I think in the end he's good for it.

The whole pandora issue is not entirely his fault. Although the planning might have been bad, most of it is not knowing what is happening. The missing insight in Craigs thinking is something I do think he should improve, but it might have helped him also as people might have asked refunds earlier killing the pandora and leaving people with debt.

In the end the pandora is available. For future projects prepare to wait 2 months longer.

I think buying the 1GHz from ED and having the non-existing money put into the P2 would be weird.

in this case I would upgrade my original order to the ED 1GHz unit, or wait even longer for the original order to arrive.

But maybe Craig would think otherwise and it is a good idea after all, who knows (you maybe?).

Buy one from ED and ask a refund from Craig - perhaps you'll get the refund by the time a P2 is released, and then you can use that money when you order it from ED.

I don't think refunds are bad for Craig - it should still be cheaper than actually delivering the Pandora, since production cost is slightly higher than what you have paid. Also Craig cannot blame anyone for asking a refund instead of waiting patiently, since he is more or less doing exactly the opposite of what would be needed to keep people happy while having to wait for a really long time: instead of giving regular updates and queue statistics, he refuses to even answer basic questions, and if he says something at all, it often later proves to have been wrong or misleading.

Well, Craig is not buying any Pandoras from me, he gets them based on the sales and donations, so a refund does hurt him more than waiting.

Is the payment difference between an upgrade (350USD for Craigs customers) or a refund and rebuying that big (paying 600 USD, getting 300USD back...?)

Because with that upgrade you also get the unit right away but don't have to worry about getting your refund or not.

I don't think refunds are bad for Craig - it should still be cheaper than actually delivering the Pandora, since production cost is slightly higher than what you have paid. Also Craig cannot blame anyone for asking a refund instead of waiting patiently, since he is more or less doing exactly the opposite of what would be needed to keep people happy while having to wait for a really long time: instead of giving regular updates and queue statistics, he refuses to even answer basic questions, and if he says something at all, it often later proves to have been wrong or misleading.
I'm pretty sure that refunding me is about 350USD more expensive than delivering a Pandora to me, and regardless of Craig's practices I feel that my fellow Craigix customers could certainly blame me for requesting a refund, because that puts them behind even further, it seems.

Is the payment difference between an upgrade (350USD for Craigs customers) or a refund and rebuying that big (paying 600 USD, getting 300USD back...?)
Yes, to me, it really is.  It is absolutely wonderful of you to offer that deal to people like me.  But I have a lot of needy things in my life which money is very important to, and I don't feel that I have the right to spend that much more money because I don't want to wait.  It was very difficult for me to self-justify upgrading to the 1GHz Pandora when they were announced, but I just managed to afford it by neglecting a few greater necessities.  Even if it weren't a natural trap and all had gone as was advertized I would have regretted that decision, it was selfish of me.  This is why I tell myself that I need to make careful use of the money I've already put into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Craig is not buying any Pandoras from me, he gets them based on the sales and donations, so a refund does hurt him more than waiting.

Because with that upgrade you also get the unit right away but don't have to worry about getting your refund or not.
This is what I ended up doing last month. I think it managed to ship from your shop the next day.

I think that makes far more sense for the OP than any other option if he has the money and wants it now.

This is what I ended up doing last month. I think it managed to ship from your shop the next day.

I think that makes far more sense for the OP than any other option if he has the money and wants it now.
The kind of crazy I am just really doesn't want to put in or have previously put in any money which isn't being used on a reward gained.  But I know the time it will likely take for me to receive one should I pay nothing more may invalidate that urge.

1 payment for 1 Pandora feels good.  2 payments for 2 Pandoras feels good, (and I can give one to a needy friend) but 1.5 payment for 1 Pandora twists my stomach up with regret, and reinforces the mistakes I've made with time and place of payment, to me.

Back