i'm sorry but i start to fed up with my unit

ahahah

since the 1st day i received it,  i have problems with my pandora.

i have created some topics about non-boot problems, each time the conclusion was to reflash and reinstall.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11376-pandora-doesnt-boot-anymore/

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11725-i-have-to-reflash-pandora-every-days-or-2-days/

ED, concluded with a nand problem http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11725-i-have-to-reflash-pandora-every-days-or-2-days/?p=220309 and mentionned a replacement.

i thought all was ok so i keeped it, but recently an other boot problem occured

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14579-pandora-asks-me-suddenly-a-password-and-i-cant-login/

this time we thought it was a space problem in the nand (although i am certain to never use this space, anyway) i had to reflash.

and today when i booted the unit here is the screen i had after the loading bar progress:

666216IMG0473.jpg

nothing else after this screen. An other time, I can't boot anymore.

i know i will be advised to reflash... but i can't do this indefinitely.

I don't use my pandora abnormally, my unit has a problem i want to send it back. if you consider nothing is wrong with it, so you can receive it and sold it to someone else... But it is not a good idea, it really has a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send it back.

Your problem seems not common, so you're unfortunately unlucky there :/.

yes :(

is there a special procedure? a RMA number? a special address etc..?

If you don't hear anything in this thread, try posting in ask ED questions.

I'm pretty sure you that you should open a support ticket via dragonbox shop, just had a quick look and couldn't see how to do this.

Michael Mrozek
OpenPandora GmbH
Schäffbräustr. 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

Don't just mail it to him, make sure to email, pm, or go through his websites customer service form. It's no good having random Pandora's show up on his doorstep and no idea what to do with them. :p

Send it back.

I have this problem on my Ghz unit too, once in a while and I had to flash to solve it.  Do I need to send it in?

I mess with my unit internally a lot and I mean a lot though so I might have f'cked it up myself :)

Seems its stopping related to usb networking, is that the case for you too?
Actually those last ones that have loaded are for 3G modems.

I had to go and check on my Pandora - it doesn't load those by default, at least I couldn't see anything like that in dmesg.

ahahah: do you use a 3G stick or something to trigger those modules loading?

ahahah: do you use a 3G stick or something to trigger those modules loading?
no. i only use wifi from my modem/router.

and i disable wifi in the pandora to save the battery.

but read my other topics, there were different lines. i'm not sure the last line means it is the problem. i think the boot process stops at this step as it could stops at an other one, maybe because a precise location of the nand is damaged.

I have this problem on my Ghz unit too, once in a while and I had to flash to solve it.  Do I need to send it in?
did you write topics to talk about your problem.

maybe more people are affected and we don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
but read my other topics, there were different lines. i'm not sure the last line means it is the problem. i think the boot process stops at this step as it could stops at an other one, maybe because a precise location of the nand is damaged.
Trick 1: fsck the NAND?

Trick 2: Try running from SD to verify it's the NAND?

I agree with Linux-SWAT, though, at this point it looks like hardware, not software issue.

If you don't want to or have the time to get to the bottom of the issue yourself, just send it back.

Could be the NAND or could be something else...

Still, I do find it curious that it tries to load those modules at all...

Trick 2: Try running from SD to verify it's the NAND?
already done (again see links above of topics i have created) and it worked with sd card. that allowed the conclusion of a nand problem.

If you don't want to or have the time to get to the bottom of the issue yourself, just send it back.
yes, i just wait for an indication from ED.

Still, I do find it curious that it tries to load those modules at all...
normally, these modules are not loaded?

i can access to the cli mode (with the right shoulder button during the boot). what have i to type to use the fsck command?

i've checked this page http://linux.die.net/man/8/fsck but really i don't understand anything. have i to type simply "fsck" or this "fsck [-sAVRTMNP] [-C [fd]] [-t fstype] [filesys...] [--] [fs-specific-options]" thing...?

i can access to the cli mode (with the right shoulder button during the boot). what have i to type to use the fsck command?

i've checked this page http://linux.die.net/man/8/fsck but really i don't understand anything. have i to type simply "fsck" or this "fsck [-sAVRTMNP] [-C [fd]] [-t fstype] [filesys...] [--] [fs-specific-options]" thing...?
/me goes D'OH!

I am terribly sorry :-(.

The root filesystem, which hosts the stuff that refuses to resume loading in your photo, is of type ubifs. And fsck.ubifs does not exist. I was actually unaware of both of these facts while posting the previous advice :-(.

There's no way to see what file is blocking the boot from continuing and if this really is NAND wear (or something even worse) that file would change all the time anyways.

Since you have tried running from SD without similar problems there should be no doubt about the problem, it must be the NAND, just send it back for repair...  at the minimum the NAND itself needs to be replaced. There's nothing you can do with software to fix that.

Send it back.

I mess with my unit internally a lot and I mean a lot though so I might have f'cked it up :)
that explains everything. oh shenmue you :rolleyes:

Back