I'm too lazy. Make me some SD cards ..

ibisum

Hi OP'erators,

Lately I've been yearning to get back to the Pandora as a user and not just hacking around with it .. but I realize that in my old age I'm just too lazy to do all the work to get an SD card set up with everything.  Sheesh.

So, I'd like to fund someone doing it for me!  Yay!   :)

If someone is willing to package up an ULTIMATE SD card collection (image files), I'll happily purchase it. Yes, that includes buying whatever content (legally) from GoG is necessary, or whatever.  As long as you can verify that the SD card image works, and its all set up already, I'm interested in what you've got - and I'll make the effort to get the legal side of things worked out, too, on my side ..

If you'd like to do this - describe your SD card, whats on it, and name your price.  If I like what I see, I'll buy it from you.

I guess it would help, if you would give some insights on your taste: if you mention gog, this could mean you are interested in engine reimplementations and/or playing dos games. Anything else ?

Btw, is this the rigtht section for this ?

Oh damn, I'm in the wrong section.  Mods - is it possible to move this to a Pandora forum?

thatgui: I like all the things!  I just am too lazy to set up the SD card myself .. ;)

Interesting idea, I always thought it would be a great idea to create an 'image' of a bootable SD card with the Default Pandora OS + Slackware + other viable OS options complete with the best software available on Pandora (excluding software where the licence would not allow this). This image would be freely downloadable but ED could also sell SD cards with the image and perhaps a nicely printed label at a reasonable premium.

This would be a huge boon for reviewers + people new to Pandora + people who couldn't be bothered / didn't have the ability to do this for themselves.

I never did get to the bottom if this would be viable, i.e. is it possible to produce & write an image of an SD card as you can for say an optical disk?

Perhaps we'll see such a thing for Pyra where the image could be flashed to the Nand (or to an SD card), here's hoping. :)

I really like this idea as well, especially with the two sd card slots on the Pandora this would allow everyone to start with a nice host of programs and other distros or system tools to use and still have another sd card that is tailored towards their particular likes; emulators, programming tools, etc..

I shall be watching this thread closely  =)

well i hope this doesnt get to the point where you need someone to breathe for you
Well, this is no different than devs port game for us. I hope you don't tell us to go and port games ourselves...
If you're willing to pay big money this respirator can be yours:

S1100(9).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No port for you!
I eat a lot of pickles :p
May be... Dont eat this one though, you'll have a bad time trying to digest that :)
I always wondered about the falvour: sweet/sour or salty ?
Oh damn, I'm in the wrong section. Mods - is it possible to move this to a Pandora forum?

thatgui: I like all the things! I just am too lazy to set up the SD card myself .. ;)
Even if you like all things, this maybe too much: I'm imagining someone putting 50% of gog.coms catalouge into a dir, and spending about half a year on refining dosbox configurations for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thread that attracts Pickles' ire is one to be proud of.. 

Anyway, yes: I'm lazy!  Yes, its someone elses' work.  But thats the capitalist world we live in - I did say I'd pay for the privilege of receiving already-formatted/good-to-go SD Card images from somewhere.. 

Back