Including Files In Fenix <_<

Quiest

I like turtles!
Okay, since the source file of the minigame project has gotten really really big, I decided to have every minigame in an included file, but since then, several games stopped running on the gp32, when I run for example Mario or Tunnel, the gp32 resets, while Bumblebee or Sonic still work fine... :angry:

They run on PC, they run when I test them in the main source on the gp32, so it`s definatly a problem with including files.

Hey Moogle, you said it was easy and good working, now, is there anything you have to do in any way to get included files 100% working?

Or is there a limit for included files? (which would be stupid)
Or is the GP32 port of Fenix just bitching around?

Quiest posted on Sep 30 2005 at 05:26 PM said:
Okay, since the source file of the minigame project has gotten really really big, I decided to have every minigame in an included file, but since then, several games stopped running on the gp32, when I run for example Mario or Tunnel, the gp32 resets, while Bumblebee or Sonic still work fine... :angry:

They run on PC, they run when I test them in the main source on the gp32, so it`s definatly a problem with including files.

Hey Moogle, you said it was easy and good working, now, is there anything you have to do in any way to get included files 100% working?

Or is there a limit for included files? (which would be stupid)
Or is the GP32 port of Fenix just bitching around?
including files just makes a difference up till compiling, then you'll only get one DCB, so it has to be a compiler error, or some slight difference...
you wouldn't be using numbers of the datatype byte or so? i've had program crash with that :s

Last edited by a moderator:
But it does work when I`m not using included files or when I run it on pc, and I`m not using that datatype...

It`s strange cause it`s only a view games that reset the gp32... :wacko:

Don`t know what else could screw it up...

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW! HOORAY!

After a shitload of trying stuff, I finally got the fault:
Whatever you do when you work with included files in Fenix for the gp32, NEVER define ANY globals (or variables at all) in the included files.

After I have moved every variable definition to the main prg, it works like a charm on the gp32!

Glad to see you got it working. I must say, I never tried to use includes in the Gp32 version, but since it's a direct port I never thought problems could arise. :) As Racemaniac pointed out should indeed be the case, but hey, it's still Fenix, you never know! For the globals declaration, I do it all the time and never had any problems(of course, on the pc eh?), probably a new gp32 only 'feature' :). Good job on getting it running though!

Back