Inkscape


Awakening

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
666
Location
Sweden
Website
www.digitalawakening.se
I'm a board game designer, 1st game in stores in Sweden 2nd game accepted by a larger publisher, and I'm in need of making art. As a designer I need to make simple but attractive and very functional art and an illustration application would be a good idea. Since Inkscape is the open source option I would really like to see how it looks and preforms on a Pandora. The interface is quite bare so I imagine it would do great on small screens. It seems like a very capable software.

Check out the screenshots of various features here and the showcase here.

There's also a book available in HTML, PDF and print, check it out here.
 

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
2,475
Location
vienna, austria
Website
w1xer.at
I'm a huge user of Inkscape for lots of things (even use it to keep notes on my home dekstop) and I'm pretty sure its going to be usable on the Pandora .. I've already demonstrated that its possible to use Inkscape just fine on a Beagleboard with Pico Projector setup, so the Pandora would run it quite nicely, I think.
 

Awakening

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
666
Location
Sweden
Website
www.digitalawakening.se
torpor said:
I'm a huge user of Inkscape for lots of things (even use it to keep notes on my home dekstop) and I'm pretty sure its going to be usable on the Pandora .. I've already demonstrated that its possible to use Inkscape just fine on a Beagleboard with Pico Projector setup, so the Pandora would run it quite nicely, I think.

Interesting. Do you have a video? :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Awakening

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
666
Location
Sweden
Website
www.digitalawakening.se
I wonder if MW, ED or Craig have it running on a Pandora. One of them could film it and show how it works on the small screen with the the stylus.


If one of you are reading: Pretty please with sugar on top :)
 

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
1,145
Website
kloplop321.com
Awakening said:
If one of you are reading: Pretty please with sugar on top :)
Isn't it with a cherry on top?

I would also be interested in seeing a video with this. I'm not an artist, but I do use vector software quite a bit for my various uses.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dentrado

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
143
Awakening said:
I'm a board game designer, 1st game in stores in Sweden 2nd game accepted by a larger publisher, and I'm in need of making art. As a designer I need to make simple but attractive and very functional art and an illustration application would be a good idea. Since Inkscape is the open source option I would really like to see how it looks and preforms on a Pandora. The interface is quite bare so I imagine it would do great on small screens. It seems like a very capable software.

Check out the screenshots of various features here and the showcase here.

There's also a book available in HTML, PDF and print, check it out here.

Just out of curiosity, what is the game called?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

NLS

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
304
Age
31
Location
Norway
Website
www.k4-tek.net
Last edited by a moderator:

Awakening

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
666
Location
Sweden
Website
www.digitalawakening.se
NLS said:
Oh btw just to go a bit off-topic as well, I'm helping out with a board games convention in february in Oslo if you're interested ;) http://oslowintergames.no/

I wish I could but it's hard enough getting to conventions in Sweden. Spiel is special and I also went there for business purposes.

You should check out this game ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top