Installing An Emualtor Or Other Software

mhlmike

Still Fresh
:blink: I have looked around on the FAQ and could not find any answer to my questions.
So i am looking for a seasoned pro on the GP32 to guide me through installing an emulator on my system.
I just bought it off Ebay and it already had some EMU's on it and i have worked out how to get roms on them i just copied the file onto my SMC and updated the directory, but i just CANNOT work out how to get Emulators on to my systel and i desperate for Master system and speccy !!
Any help will be greatly apreciated go on help a dummy out for your good deed for the day ;-)

Mike

You dont install emulators...

All you need to do is copy them to your GPMM Directory and they should work.

Note. Normal Emus wont work. You have to get them from Here.

These emus are specially made for your gp32 and not all of them are perfect.

I hope this helps you fully :lol:

Thanks for the reply, i did download the EMU from the site you gave me.
But wasnt sure how to get the files from my desktop PC and onto my GP32.
Do i neeed to use the the GP32 manager or do they go staright onto my card.
Sorry if i sound really really thick but im new to this so hopfully in time i will be able to help out others !!
:D

mhlmike posted on Apr 23 2005 at 06:34 PM said:
Thanks for the reply, i did download the EMU from the site you gave me.
But wasnt sure how to get the files from my desktop PC and onto my GP32.
Do i neeed to use the the GP32 manager or do they go staright onto my card.
Sorry if i sound really really thick but im new to this so hopfully in time i will be able to help out others !!

Unless you have a card reader you will have to use GP32 manager and the USB cable that came with the GP.

I would reccomend getting a card reader as they are really cheap and make the whole process a lot quicker.

The best Speccy emulator is FZX32 you just copy the .fxe (thats the gp32's equiliviant of an .exe) to the \GPMM folder on your SMC and you put the roms in a folder called \ZX

Then when you turn on the GP you will have an Icon for FZX32 in your browser, run that and then its quite easy to use.

The SMS emulator will work in a similar way just read the readme file that comes with it.

If you get stuck post again and ill try and help you out...

Also, I would really Recconend DRMD (Megadrive emu) runs at full speed with sound and most games are supported.

Have fun...

Fitzie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.
I feel really Stupid asking on these questions but i suppose if you dont ask you wont know.
I do have a card reader on my tower so ive been using that.
At the moment my SMC is completely black as its brand new so how would i get the \GPMM folder onto it?
Again sorry for all these daft questions, but i really do apreciate your help.

mhlmike posted on Apr 23 2005 at 06:59 PM said:
Thanks for the reply.
I feel really Stupid asking on these questions but i suppose if you dont ask you wont know.
I do have a card reader on my tower so ive been using that.
At the moment my SMC is completely black as its brand new so how would i get the \GPMM folder onto it?
Again sorry for all these daft questions, but i really do apreciate your help.

Easiest way to get all your folders is to do a quick format with GP32 manager, or you can copy them from anouter SMC.

Steve.

Sorted regards the emu's now. Thanks to your help but i cant get any speccy games to boot, they appear on the system but when i click them they just wont load up?

mhlmike posted on Apr 23 2005 at 07:22 PM said:
Sorted regards the emu's now. Thanks to your help but i cant get any speccy games to boot, they appear on the system but when i click them they just wont load up?
Have you tested any other roms? some may not work, there is also some options if you press L and R together you can change the ZX system as some games are only 48k compatible etc, But you just select the rom to load id (assuming you are using FZX32?)

Steve.

Where's Johns site? This is just the time for it.....?

(BTW read the read me files. They will always tell you where to put the roms (ie. "make a new folder in GPMM called *whatever* and put all the roms there". Etc.)

Tata

rabbits with hats posted on Apr 23 2005 at 10:00 PM said:
Took me 5 hours to work out how to get emu's to work when I got my GP. Then I ran out of power! :blink:
serious?, :lol:

Cool i will give that a try.
Anyone got any tips on how to get MAME running while we are here?

mhlmike posted on Apr 24 2005 at 08:12 AM said:
Cool i will give that a try.
Anyone got any tips on how to get MAME running while we are here?

Er, get the emus going (drmd etc.), play with them, then try mame. It's a bit complicated....

Took me several days to understand that I needed the Free launcher to run free programs (I didn't even know there was one)...
Anyway, try Phodrive. It makes your GP32 look like a removable disk in WinXP (sadly, it doesn't work with Linux, yet), it's way faster and more reliable than GP Manager.

Back