Interesting WADS for GP32 Doom

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
If you have tested interesting WADs for GPDoom post some links to them here, as i am going to set up little Doom custom WAD section, and need some verified or not WADs.

Thats pretty cool but but for my 2 cents you just cant beat the simpsons wad :rolleyes:

I remember having lots of additional WAD-Files for Doom and Doom2. Complete WAD-Packs like the Cobra-Wads and other cool stuff. If I find those outmoded CDs again I test some of them. Wasn't there a link somewhere here (in a news about GPDoom) to a cool ftp-server (from idsoftware or gamers.org) where you can download lots of wad-files?

I just d/led a bunch of wads but most of them don't seem to work!
I got: Simpsons, Twilight Warrior, fistfull of dollors, and zombies all from the Doom Wad station the only one that works is Simpsons
Maybe I need to do something to the wads for them to work? <_<

There are always people who want to set up some sort of GP web site, if any of those people are listening, how about hosting WAD's that work with the GP,and are already compressed into one WAD? Bacause Iv'e had no luck so far.

am going to set up little Doom custom WAD section, and need some verified or not WADs
Actually this is my intention and this is why i started this topic :)[

If talking about non working wad. Most of them need original WADS from doom/ultimate doom or dom2 as they use sounds, textures or other stuff from them. I am not sure if i am right. This is just what i think. So if anyone managed to run any wad please let know here the title, place to download, and required stuff (like doom 2 original wad or something like that).

Sorry for this newbee question:
where do I have to put wads to be sure that gpdoom will find them ?
I always have a message like "no wads found, sorry but no doom for you"
do I have to rename my wads ? do I have to find the original wads ?
thanks

Please open a new topic next time. You are lucky that I found your message. Put your WAD-Files in GP:\\GAME\DOOM and it will work.

I think almost anything that doesn't involve new weapons, textures, or sprites, and doesn't have a .deh file needed will probably work. So far, that's been the case with me...

Magic Knight posted on Oct 5 2003 said:
im looking for different wads for doom2 - so far all the ones downloaded wont work :(
Oh my, you truly are a moron. First ROTT, and now Doom 2, which is for sale and in stock at www.idsoftware.com (its a digital download)

Last edited by a moderator:
Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Oct 16 2003 said:
Oh my, you truly are a moron. First ROTT, and now Doom 2, which is for sale and in stock at www.idsoftware.com (its a digital download)

i'm the moron am i ? you, my sanctimonious little friend, just cannot resist getting involved in things which are nothing to do with you

anyway - the world can again sleep at night as cheeseman once more comes to our aid, with another misplaced soapbox, this time about digital downloads

i have doom2 thank you, bought it whilst you were probably in nappies, as the question asked - i was looking for *different* wads to use with it

anyway, i have found some different wads which work with doom2 and also plenty which work with doom1. here is the link : http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/themes/starwars/

there are other wads there for simpsons etc

we really should meet cheeseman, what fun we would have. where do you live (please say england.. please say england...)

Magic Knight posted on Oct 21 2003 said:
Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Oct 16 2003 said:

i'm the moron am i ? you, my sanctimonious little friend, just cannot resist getting involved in things which are nothing to do with you

anyway - the world can again sleep at night as cheeseman once more comes to our aid, with another misplaced soapbox, this time about digital downloads

i have doom2 thank you, bought it whilst you were probably in nappies, as the question asked - i was looking for *different* wads to use with it

anyway, i have found some different wads which work with doom2 and also plenty which work with doom1. here is the link : http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/themes/starwars/

there are other wads there for simpsons etc

we really should meet cheeseman, what fun we would have. where do you live (please say england.. please say england...)
Can people cum 2 watch? Ill take bets 3:1 on magic knight. Hes got a sword.

Back