iOS 11 to no longer support 32-bit apps.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
This reminds me, isn't Pyra 32-bit? I suppose 32-bit and 64-bit both have their purposes. I can use Pyra for almost everything, and use iPhone for the other stuff that apparently only 64-bit is capable of, like cutting ropes and crossing roads. :)

Well, one of the good parts of having a closed ecosystem like Apple's is it doesn't matter that much. Most Apple users only download commonly used apps like WhatsApp and whatnot. On the other hand, the majority of jailbroken users aren't going to update.

On the iPhone they distribute the 32bit and 64bit application in the same package, causing it to be rather big. Dropping 32bit would decrease your download and it will also drop legacy applications that aren't maintained since the introduction of 64bit (iphone5?).
You can still run 32bit applications if you are using 64bit linux, so linux does not introduce a limitation here. So for Pyra's future I guess this won't be a problem.

I think Apple did this because a lot of the apps that are 32 bit aren't optimised for the latest SDK which doesn't have all the latest optimisations and it keeps the app store tidy, so the majority of fart apps will disappear now I hope..

On the iPhone they distribute the 32bit and 64bit application in the same package, causing it to be rather big. Dropping 32bit would decrease your download and it will also drop legacy applications that aren't maintained since the introduction of 64bit (iphone5?).
You can still run 32bit applications if you are using 64bit linux, so linux does not introduce a limitation here. So for Pyra's future I guess this won't be a problem.
I was about to mention this. Disastrous design decision on their repo of apps is probably the cause for this.
Not sure if they also still package all the assets (high resolution ones included) in the same app container.

Back