Iphone/ipod/ipad Os On Pandora?

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
I was wondering if there would be any way of running iPhone apps on pandora. Purely because this is pure freakin' win

Does anyone know if it is possible? The hardware is very similar and it would be so awesome to have amplitube on the go without lugging a laptop around.

If not, are there any open source options for good VST plugins on arm?

No. Just....No. iPhone OS isn't opensource and no one is going to bother rewriting the drivers and porting it over.

sold said:
I was wondering if there would be any way of running iPhone apps on pandora. Purely because this is pure freakin' win

Does anyone know if it is possible? The hardware is very similar and it would be so awesome to have amplitube on the go without lugging a laptop around.

/me fails to swallow puke and shoots from his nose.

Dude.

Don't know about that app though. Not something Linux can provide?

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
When i saw the title i thought some hack team made it possible to run iphone apps and games on some other device and named it irig or something..

ditto lol was with bated breathe tho as think of the sh*t storm that apple would bring with that news...

sold said:

There exist several options for linux and I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be portable.
Examples:
ardour, http://www.breakfastquay.com/dssi-vst/

(Ok, the windows VST support uses wine, so its not portable to ARM. I don't know if there are any good open Linux VSTs.)

Look at this post and the containing thread for a discussion about audio tools on the pandora.

iPhoneOS on an ARM emu on Angstrom .. feasible, but difficult. Would probably get as far as the XCode emu on OSX and not much further (i.e. no appstore, etc.)

But it sure would be an interesting development if someone pissed in that sandbox. Would teach Apple a thing or two, that is for sure, to see iPhoneOS go off into VM land ..

Why would you want it? I know I'm going to come across as a jerk by saying this, but honestly, I hate that OS. It gives you virtually no options, and I've always thought of the Pandora as a little opensource computer. Not a closed app crap.

Plus Apple would come down on OPL like a ton of bricks if they found out it could run iPaidTooMuch apps. I mean iPhone.

beavith said:
Why would you want it? I know I'm going to come across as a jerk by saying this, but honestly, I hate that OS. It gives you virtually no options, and I've always thought of the Pandora as a little opensource computer. Not a closed app crap.

It actually gives you plenty of user-friendly options. Just everytime you want to do something it doesn't allow it pukes gasoline in your face, sets you on fire, and then screams Bloody Murder.

This is not a good idea..
Does not seem necessary, this will become piracy.
iPhone is owned by Apple and all apps are owned by their creators.
Downloading on a non supported machine is the same as ROMS, and you will have to download via torrent or http shares.

But... It would be pretty groovy being able to run iPh/od OS, not that it could do anything useful with the Pandora, would just be cool to say... "BECAUSE WE CAN!"

A multitouch optimized UI on a device with res. touchscreen?
Nice try.

Better pick something like MeeGo/Mer whatever and build an open iphone like OS on top. That would be free, cool and portable.

One thing I want to see work on Pandora is a PALM emulator, as there are so many interesting and useful (old) PalmOS apps out there .. this would be more useful, in my opinion .. especially if we can get Graffiti working somehow ..

I dont think the iPhone OS is good and I actually dislike Apple and their business model, but to be able to use iRig on the Pandora would be cool. I know, I could just get an iSomthing and use it without messing about. It was just a thought. I wonder if IK Multimedia, the makers of Amplitube, would consider porting the app to the Pandora? Or maybe down the line they will make it available on Android.

EDIT: It may come to Android at some point. Maybe

EDIT2: More awesomeness

Why do people dislike iPhone OS so much? Is it because it's popular?

It seems pretty decent to me. The interface is very nicely designed and well thought out - I find it very comfortable to use.

Just because Apple choose to restrict features, doesn't make the OS inherently bad. It shares a Unix heritage with Linux, which the Pandora uses. You could say they are distant cousins?

I dislike that the OS restricts what you can do with the hardware that was designed to have many more potential uses than what Apple allow the user to do with it. And I dont like that instead of letting people choose what OS the iStuff runs, they make it so someone has to hack the things so an alternate OS can be installed.

What have they got against allowing people to dual boot? Not everyone is gonna want to use linux or android or whatever other alternatives there are, especially if some functionality is missing or diminished, but there are people want to put the nice hardware in the iPhone/Pod/Pad to use in other ways and they should have that right. Especially considering the cost of entry.

Maybe Apple should consider adding a dual boot feature in the future so the people in the "I dont wanna feel like Steve Jobs has molested my wallet" demographic might part with their cash without feeling like their wallet has been molested by Steve Jobs. Personally. Ew.

EDIT: Eeeeewww

SomeGuy99 said:
Why do people dislike iPhone OS so much? Is it because it's popular?

It seems pretty decent to me. The interface is very nicely designed and well thought out - I find it very comfortable to use.

Just because Apple choose to restrict features, doesn't make the OS inherently bad. It shares a Unix heritage with Linux, which the Pandora uses. You could say they are distant cousins?

I have no problem with the IPhone OS, but i'll never use it just because I don't like apple buisness model and I hate patent trolls...

No, because you can't un-install evil.

19990728h.jpg

Back