Iron Cross Poll

Does the new "X" in the logo resemble an Iron Cross?

• Yes, highly offensive.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'm still offended.

• No, and daclassicgamingmaster sucks.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure everyone realizes this already, but... YOUR POLL CHOICES ARE POOPY.

anyways, it doesn't look like the iron cross THAT much. it could mean something entirely different. i believe that the nazi sign was also a hindu symbol, the "holy" cross also represents Dionysus.

I voted Highly Offensive, because it looks lame and I want to see it replaced with something better, like the old logo for instance :)

My apologies to the person who made it, but it looks too rigid and boring for my taste. And it does resemble the Iron Cross, which is to say the least unnecessary.

Could you add an option for "I don't know WTF and iron cross symbol is"? And anyways, it looks more like a pirate's X, which offends terribly me because it suggests I'm a dirty thief. :angry2:

I'm not really offended, but the logo is not very good I'm afraid and I really hope it is replaced. The old one was great.

Aethix posted on May 17 2009 at 11:18 PM said:
Could you add an option for "I don't know WTF and iron cross symbol is"?
Tada

Last edited by a moderator:
... Yes, I prefer the old one aswell, but there is a distinction between an I cross and an iron cross... the new X looks like two I's crossing each other... an iron cross usually has a more distinct curve and the end is bigger than that... just my opinion. That's like saying it's a slanted "Jesus cross" without one end being a bit longer...

Tag5 posted on May 18 2009 at 10:26 AM said:
I think your all looking into it too deeply. :p
Yeah, i didnt vote because the options suck, cause i'm not offenced and couldn't care less of the logo ... it could be better but not really a problem.

urjaman posted on May 18 2009 at 08:58 AM said:
Tag5 posted on May 18 2009 at 10:26 AM said:
I think your all looking into it too deeply. :p
Yeah, i didnt vote because the options suck, cause i'm not offenced and couldn't care less of the logo ... it could be better but not really a problem.
Snap

Anyone who gets offended by an the iron cross either has severe anti-German problems, or doesn't know anything about it.

But yeah, both the poll and the logo suck.

I think you're actually hating a maltese cross, aka symbol of the American surfer, it's not an iron cross unless someone dangles it from a red and white ribbon, slaps a big swastika in the middle and of course rotates it. The maltese cross is also the background artwork for every firefighter badge in the U.S. and the vets of foreign wars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_cross

slaanesh posted on May 20 2009 at 08:04 PM said:
I refuse to vote.
The German Iron Cross was like this: +
What we have there is like this: X

I actually like the new logo - it's nice to see some new graphics and other changes.

That's brilliant reasoning. Let's take a swastika, something that's usually tilted, and sit it upright. It's still a swastika ;)

Besides, are you seriously calling something most people are defending as a 'red X' a "graphic"? Really? It's hideous.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 20 2009 at 05:17 PM said:
slaanesh posted on May 20 2009 at 08:04 PM said:
I refuse to vote.
The German Iron Cross was like this: +
What we have there is like this: X
I actually like the new logo - it's nice to see some new graphics and other changes.

That's brilliant reasoning. Let's take a swastika, something that's usually tilted, and sit it upright. It's still a swastika ;)

Besides, are you seriously calling something most people are defending as a 'red X' a "graphic"? Really? It's hideous.

May be ugly but it's definitely graphic. I like the stark contrast, almost hovers off the page if you stare at it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back